It had to finally happen..........

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
.............my first, full box of halves, skunker. After over two months, and thirty three full boxes looked through, #34 produced a big fat goose egg.

As many have previously lamented, it does suck. Perhaps, though, the recent very low numbers, coupled with yesterday's skunk, mean all the "demons" have now been exorcised, and the run will begin again.

I happened to have box # 35 at the ready, so I dove right in, and it yielded five keepers. My best box in about six, so
maybe the tide has turned. The five keepers were a 64D, 67x2, 68D and an 05D.

I've got two more boxes to pick up today, after I perform the obligatory coin dump, so we'll see what awaits.

Good luck all.

Upvote 0

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
Its part of what makes CRH so addictive and fun, a lot like gambling, but without any losses. My last two boxes had zero keepers, that just makes me more excited about the next two, they just have to be better!

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
Well, I went 25 boxes before I found a couple of keepers.I guess my luck was a little bie better then yours.I keep going after them though.
good job on the second box...WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer on the skunk.....good luck on the next one.

OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
thurmownator said:
.............my first, full box of halves, skunker. After over two months, and thirty three full boxes looked through, #34 produced a big fat goose egg.

As many have previously lamented, it does suck. Perhaps, though, the recent very low numbers, coupled with yesterday's skunk, mean all the "demons" have now been exorcised, and the run will begin again.

I happened to have box # 35 at the ready, so I dove right in, and it yielded five keepers. My best box in about six, so
maybe the tide has turned. The five keepers were a 64D, 67x2, 68D and an 05D.

I've got two more boxes to pick up today, after I perform the obligatory coin dump, so we'll see what awaits.

Good luck all.

Box #36 seemed to support my theory that the tide had in fact turned. It gave up 6 90%ers (64Px2, 64Dx4) a 40%er (68D)..........and a 1930 UK Penny I was still missing (I also collect predecimal British coinage).

Box # 37, reminded me how patient one must be with this hobby..........another skunk.

Hope springs eternal though, I've got five boxes on order coming in over three days next week.

Have a great weekend and Happy CRHing all.

OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Couldn't wait for next week, so hit a few banks on Saturday.........and actually found one with a full box of halves.

Though it (#38 for the year) only produced 5 keepers (66x2 & 69Dx3), it was nice to distance myself from my second (in the last three) skunk box.

Also found a '91 English 5 pence in the reject tray of one of my coin counters.

Five boxes this coming week, let's see what they bring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread