24 Solid Rolls of Wheat Pennies - Whoa

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't believe it. I literally just made a bet with my GF the night before that I could fill up 3 whitman coin books, lincoln cents 1909 - 2013, by CRH only in the period of one year (I know, very unlikely).

So I stop at a few banks on my way home from her place. 2nd bank has $18 CWR. all the same wrapper. 24 of the 36 rolls where solid wheats. And I pulled my first IH too, ever. 1908. I called her up and told her god must want her to lose this bet. I have never seen anything like this

Went through them all, other than the IH found a 1909, 1910, 1911, some other teens, a few handfuls of 20s and 30s and tons of 40s and 50s. Found a handful of steel cents too which was great. no key dates, but I'll take it!

if you look closely one or two of the rolls might have a newer penny mixed in.

The real pisser is that I went back the next day to get the rest of their CWR dimes quarters and nickels and they had given them out the previous day!!! who knows what I missed by not going right back there. Will never make that mistake again, could've been the silver score of a lifetime. what's wrong with me
DSCF4562.JPG DSCF4563.JPG DSCF4564.JPG DSCF4565.JPG DSCF4567.JPG

Upvote 0

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Nice score. Bet she's gonna be more upset that you out those dirty coins on that nice white bed comforter! Lol.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! I was going to say what rfishoutofwater said, you better get them dirty pennies off the bed! :) Thanks for sharing!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
For sure someone's estate collection dump. What in the heck is going thru some of these people's heads. Nice finds. But were you able to fill many empty holes in the folders?

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure someone's estate collection dump. What in the heck is going thru some of these people's heads. Nice finds. But were you able to fill many empty holes in the folders?

yea a whole bunch. part of the deal was I had to start from scratch. Exactly one year for the whole collection. other than a few wheats from $35 in BWR I went through the day before, this was the start of my books. filled tons of holes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions