Little mid-week update, some awesome stuff here :D

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
So its been awhile since I've posted. Noting spectacular. Week of the 21st, did 24 boxes and got 26 40% and 1 90%. Week of the 28th, did 24 boxes and got 17 40% and 3 90% (1 being a walker). So far this week I've done 16 boxes, first 3 boxes had 12 90% (a proof ben and a walker :D) and 19 40%. So far this week is going great. So far my totals are 24 40% and 17 90% (1 being a walker, 1 being a ben, and another being a proof ben). Have another 12 boxes for this week :D. Today I also secured 2 NEW dump banks to take my bags :D. They are both chase banks. As done by a previous member on this site, I am going to try to create a spaceship with all my boxes XD haha (see below picture). Also created my first, very own, silver bar :D. It took a lot more gas and a lot more work than expected, but I'm happy. In addition to all this great stuff, I got a call from the honorable SM. Turns out he is staying within 5 minutes of where I live, so were gonna meat at a Starbucks or something to talk on Monday (for those of you who don't know, SM was doing around 400 +/- boxes a month, pulling 2,000 oz in a year). I think those are all of my good/ exciting news haha. Sorry they are all jumbled and out of order, just eager to tell you all haha :D. Happy hunting everyone! Get ready for that CRH holiday season!!

image-2423343972.jpg

image-1007914500.jpg

image-565921864.jpg

image-3382008128.jpg

image-4089679209.jpg

image-3606626217.jpg

image-2234463070.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but this website requires a minimum of 6 :D per post

Do NOT pass go or collect $200.

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a collection of CRH tags... SM was one of my first. :-) We've spoken before. He's a really nice guy. Last I heard though, he isn't hunting anymore :-( please send him regards from mtldealer from RealCent.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Was the silver bar made from jewelry/scrap or did you use coins?

Not to be a jerk, but the bar is stamped 925, coins were 900. 925 is what sterling jewelry and silverware was/is made out of. I used some silverware and scrap jewelry, shame on those people who melt coins.

Computer Jones

Oct 23, 2012
The Great Pacific North Wet. (I can see Canada whe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to be a jerk, but the bar is stamped 925, coins were 900. 925 is what sterling jewelry and silverware was/is made out of. I used some silverware and scrap jewelry, shame on those people who melt coins.

There are a lot of coins of the British Empire that were cast in Sterling!

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other

There are a lot of coins of the British Empire that were cast in Sterling!

You got me haha

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Exciting pics. Can't wait to add the "omega" bar to my collection. Is there a way to # bar example. 0001,0002..... Or is that to much extra work.

Also everyone who reads this omega took me from 1-2 boxes per week to almost 10 per week. Much appreciated to have good clean helpful members on this site. Keep stacking my friend

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Exciting pics. Can't wait to add the "omega" bar to my collection. Is there a way to # bar example. 0001,0002..... Or is that to much extra work.

Also everyone who reads this omega took me from 1-2 boxes per week to almost 10 per week. Much appreciated to have good clean helpful members on this site. Keep stacking my friend

It's numbered 001, and they'll continued to be numbered. I'm going to keep track of the weights and numbers. Now you just need to get up to 40 boxes :D

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is this "SM" guy that you speak of? I've always wondered because almost every box I've done for the past year has at least one of his marked coins. In fact, 5-10 "SM" marked coins per box is pretty normal for me. I'm guessing he lives in either San Diego or San Fran. If he is/was doing that kind of volume, probably explains why I find very little.

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the explanation wasn't aware of what the markings meant. I feel the same way you do about keeping the coins vs. melting them they are too cool to do that too..

Are you buying a lot of silver scrap then curious on your source for the bars?

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Who is this "SM" guy that you speak of? I've always wondered because almost every box I've done for the past year has at least one of his marked coins. In fact, 5-10 "SM" marked coins per box is pretty normal for me. I'm guessing he lives in either San Diego or San Fran. If he is/was doing that kind of volume, probably explains why I find very little.

SM was a heavy CRH who lived in SD for a while. He's been out of the game for about 2 years now (I think), due to health issues. He actually moved east (Not sure how far, just know he's in another state). He's visiting some family in SD for a month or so, that's why he's in town. He was doing 300~400 boxes a month. But that doesn't explain why you aren't finding silver. Odds are you aren't doing enough volume. I'll post what he says after I talk to him. HH

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck I've seen many SM halves in my neck of the woods. But I still find the AG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread