Open it or not??

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was heading to pickup a couple of boxes but they haven't came in yet so I stopped by a buddys house to waste some time. He ended up buying a couple older rolls of dimes from someone and he ended up getting a roll of cents too. He didn't want them so he gave them to me. Question though, should I open them?? It has IHC's on both sides... What do you guys think? ???
IMG_8521.jpg IMG_8518.jpg IMG_8519.jpg

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep it rolled until appraised it may be worth more. you can always unroll later if needed. Plus rolled is a good way to store them so they are not handled. Very cool!
Good Luck!
RG

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool! I couldn't resist the temptation to open that one up thinking of what key dates might be in there.

OP
OP
BRChiver

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it rolled until appraised it may be worth more. you can always unroll later if needed. Plus rolled is a good way to store them so they are not handled. Very cool!
Good Luck!
RG
Thanks! Would you just bring to a LCS or send off to someone?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
At first I thought maybe he was the winner of an ebay "unsearched roll" auction.

Yes, I would open immediately, as I am short on patience.

Very cool find!

OP
OP
BRChiver

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I thought maybe he was the winner of an ebay "unsearched roll" auction.

Yes, I would open immediately, as I am short on patience.

Very cool find!

My buddy did buy 15-20 rolls on ebay. Very likely could be one of them.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is what I like to call a "high grade" manufactured unsearched eBay roll. This seller has been selling, and will be selling these same rolls for a very long time. You can view the seller that sells them and what they've sold for here: coastonecoins | eBay

OP
OP
BRChiver

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I like to call a "high grade" manufactured unsearched eBay roll. This seller has been selling, and will be selling these same rolls for a very long time. You can view the seller that sells them and what they've sold for here: coastonecoins | eBay
Wow,
Looks like I'm in the wrong line of work!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow....well...I would love to have a legit roll from that era....but i sure enough wouldnt spend a 3rd of what people are paying for them....Very cool thou...I would open it up for sure...maybe a barber dime snuck its way in there :thumbsup:

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Good Luck!
RG

Keeping your coins rolled is NOT a good way to store coins.
The acid in the paper with darken coins over time.

Open the roll and let us see what you got!

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other

Interesting...I was looking at the feedback from this guy's sales and one comment says "nice roll, 3 cent piece, fying eagle, n many more good ones." Looks like you could resell this roll for at least $150. Is it worth it to open it? I don't know cent values that well. Is this one of those things where the seller creates a product that costs about $50 to manufacture and sells it for 3-4x's the cost? If so, maybe you could sell this roll and buy some coins you really want. But then I'm thinking the friend might get a little bent out of shape.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Just read this feedback "1908 S was the crown jewel! Great roll will buy from seller again!!!!"

OP
OP
BRChiver

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting...I was looking at the feedback from this guy's sales and one comment says "nice roll, 3 cent piece, fying eagle, n many more good ones." Looks like you could resell this roll for at least $150. Is it worth it to open it? I don't know cent values that well. Is this one of those things where the seller creates a product that costs about $50 to manufacture and sells it for 3-4x's the cost? If so, maybe you could sell this roll and buy some coins you really want. But then I'm thinking the friend might get a little bent out of shape.
Heck I want to open but then I might want to sell! My friend wouldn't mind we've been like brothers since the 1st grade. The "not knowing" is gonna kill me! I left it at the office but will go get it tomorow and tear it open!

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aint no way I'd open that roll. For what there bring on ebay, I'd have it on there in a flash. You asked and that's my .02 worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread