strange n.f string & son rolls

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I was out getting some dime rolls yesterday from various banks and from one bank which had a variety of rolls from MWR to CWR, I came across some old looking N.F. String&Son rolls, the only difference, instead of usually saying, "HARRISBURG, PA, U.S.A.", of the 6 rolls I got, they all said, "ENOLA, PA, 17025"... Does anybody know why these rolls have a different location on them and how old they could possibly be? sorry, no pictures... :(
by the way, they were all skunks.
hh

Upvote 0

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a quick google search. The two towns are only 4.5 miles apart. Is it possible the factory moved to a new location?

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Enola is just north of Harrisburg on route 15. One of my best scores was in Enola. 25 CWR yielded 18 silver halves last year (I won't tell you which bank, though)

xnytxowlx

Sep 15, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
i have some of the same rolls with enola on them... they are cents and from the mid 80s. i believe the rolls you received were old. the harrisburg wrappers were definitely used in 2006. i dont have any info as to the decade timeframe between the 2 dates though. its odd that they would have rolls that old still, but definitely not unheard of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions