2014 and beyond

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Since starting CRH everyday I have been on the hunt for silver at face value. I wasn't concerned about the price of silver until recently simply because I didnt have enough make a difference. Over the last couple of months my stash has grown and now I'm wondering what people predict the price of silver will be at next year and even in the near future? I have looked up a ton of projected numbers but what do yall think?

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I read that many antique dealers have silvers that are not collector quality. And that they will sell them to you are the melt price. With silver headed south would it be a good time to visit the antique dealers and try to cut a deal?
It might be. Not around here though, as they all price there stuff twice the price of melt. Even the pawn shops here will not deal in silver coins or bullion, too volatile they say. I'm near D-troit.

DrCaufield

Jul 25, 2013
It might be. Not around here though, as they all price there stuff twice the price of melt. Even the pawn shops here will not deal in silver coins or bullion, too volatile they say. I'm near D-troit.

Have found the same thing in detroit and surrounding suburbs.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to tell you this, but the Fed is not comprised of "Loomis", "Brinks" or "Garda".

Is too.

The FED has some coin terminals, but most Federal Reserve Coin Terminals are comprised of "Loomis", "Brinks" or "Garda" (aka "Armored carrier companies").

http://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/coin_about.htm said:
Coin
The Federal Reserve's role in coin operations is more limited than its role in currency operations. As the issuing authority for coins, the United States Mint determines annual coin production. The Reserve Banks, however, influence the process by providing the Mint with monthly coin orders and a 12-month rolling coin-order forecast. The Mint transports the coin from its production facilities for circulating coin in Philadelphia and Denver to all of the Reserve Banks and the Reserve Banks' coin terminal locations.

The Reserve Banks distribute new and circulated coin to depository institutions to meet the public's demand. While the Reserve Banks store some coin in their vaults, they also contract with coin terminals to store, process, and distribute coin on behalf of the Federal Reserve. Armored carrier companies generally operate the coin terminals; the coin terminals have improved the efficiency of the coin-distribution system.

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I understand is that is that Loomis, Brinks and so one have to bid on the contract to get money from the Federal Reserve Bank in their district.

sax player

Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since starting CRH everyday I have been on the hunt for silver at face value. I wasn't concerned about the price of silver until recently simply because I didnt have enough make a difference. Over the last couple of months my stash has grown and now I'm wondering what people predict the price of silver will be at next year and even in the near future? I have looked up a ton of projected numbers but what do yall think?

What does this have to do with Coin Roll Hunting?

Maybe this thread would fit better in the Silver sub-forum or the Precious Metal Prices sub-forum or the Coins sub-forum:

Precious Metal Prices

Silver

Coins

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
It has everything to do with CRH. Stacking silver right? Everything else is a bonus to me but I want the real currency. Like talking about the price of baseball cards on a baseball card form. I dont want to sale anything but I do want to know what I have. Im still learning the rules if I posted something wring, twice.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has everything to do with CRH. Stacking silver right? Everything else is a bonus to me but I want the real currency. Like talking about the price of baseball cards on a baseball card form. I dont want to sale anything but I do want to know what I have. Im still learning the rules if I posted something wring, twice.

you didnt - just the resident troll stirring the pot

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a thread is not CRH post it in the proper forum, CRH is not a catch all forum, it is for Coin Roll Hunting only.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SaxPlayer would you just go somewhere else and play your SAX??????I was enjoying this thread until you pissed all over it!

Sax has been addressed let it go....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread