2014 and beyond

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Since starting CRH everyday I have been on the hunt for silver at face value. I wasn't concerned about the price of silver until recently simply because I didnt have enough make a difference. Over the last couple of months my stash has grown and now I'm wondering what people predict the price of silver will be at next year and even in the near future? I have looked up a ton of projected numbers but what do yall think?

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will go up, it will go down. Most predictions are guesswork, but you're always going to find someone who is "right" at the end of the day- but that doesn't mean they'll be right again.

My best advice, buy low, sell high. I'm kicking myself for not selling it at 40 and getting back in when it was below 20, basically winning free silver from it.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knows with all the manipulation going on nowadays- ill buy no matter the price (unless I guess it gets higher than $100) and of course the stack will continue to grow through crh
Just wondering though why you are questioning?

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm just trying to keep score. I have no intention on getting rid of anything but I like the thought of making money. And I can also tell my wife its more than a hobby it's an investment. :)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just trying to keep score. I have no intention on getting rid of anything but I like the thought of making money. And I can also tell my wife its more than a hobby it's an investment. :)

I dont really pay attention to the price of spot- well ok I do when I have funny money to exchange- I just know overall ill lose some and gain some(in terms of value) and in the long haul it'll be for the kids inheritance :)

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's poised to go over $100 an ounce. Don't you listen to those "experts" on the radio? They are never wrong.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I expect the prices to remain stagnant, fighting the powers of manipulation. If prices go insane, I expect confiscation.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flip a coin, if it lands on heads, silver will go up. If it lands on tails, silver will go down.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flip a coin, if it lands on heads, silver will go up. If it lands on tails, silver will go down.

Ahhh is that how they do it lol

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh is that how they do it lol

Yeah but they do it out of ten. Every heads is +$50 and tails is -$0.50 from spot

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
When the Feds start to take the silver out of circulation I will know its about to go through the roof. That's my prediction. Like I said I would live to be able to tell my wife "I told you so" and I think one day I will. Until then I'm going to "just keep stackin".

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
When the Feds start to take the silver out of circulation I will know its about to go through the roof. That's my prediction. Like I said I would live to be able to tell my wife "I told you so" and I think one day I will. Until then I'm going to "just keep stackin".

The "fed" as in Brinks, Loomis, and Garda? Because it is clearly stated in their rules they they cannot cull the silver because the coin isn't theirs. It is illegal for them to touch it. Now smaller private companies that provide the rolling/ armored services can cull it. For example, in Oregon, Oregon Armored Service culls all the silver and copper from circulation. Hence the reason no one in their district finds anything. The private companies can do this no prob. But the large national companies that service most of us, it's illegal for the to take it, and that's a new rule that was implemented less than 10 years ago. So I don't think that's going to cause silver to go up, and even if it someone happened, I think it would cause prices to go down. I believe silver/gold/copper will all skyrocket when the dollar collapses in the near future. It's not a matter of "if", the question is "when".

Just my 2cents

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver isnt going to go up because they pull silver but because of the depletion of silver. Supply and demand and the "Feds" will do what ever they want. The government will make them pull it so they can store it. Im not a doom and gloom kind of guy but I do think there will be big change in the future. We will adapt and over come and continue to be a great nation.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah but if the dollar collapses we wont be the worlds reserve currency anymore and we will have to follow in britains foot steps. We will also need to find new industries to bring to america so we can export enough to be able to import enough food to sustain our population.

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to give you a little perspective, I was watching an analyst on CNN in January of this year and this is what he said- "Mark my words, by the end of 2013 silver will be approaching $125 an ounce. There will be many factors that cause this rise, mainly the major devaluation of the American dollar."

I wish it was that high! My kids would be getting way better Christmas presents if it were!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "fed" as in Brinks, Loomis, and Garda? Because it is clearly stated in their rules they they cannot cull the silver because the coin isn't theirs. It is illegal for them to touch it. Now smaller private companies that provide the rolling/ armored services can cull it. For example, in Oregon, Oregon Armored Service culls all the silver and copper from circulation. Hence the reason no one in their district finds anything. The private companies can do this no prob. But the large national companies that service most of us, it's illegal for the to take it, and that's a new rule that was implemented less than 10 years ago. So I don't think that's going to cause silver to go up, and even if it someone happened, I think it would cause prices to go down. I believe silver/gold/copper will all skyrocket when the dollar collapses in the near future. It's not a matter of "if", the question is "when".

Just my 2cents

Sorry to tell you this, but the Fed is not comprised of "Loomis", "Brinks" or "Garda".

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to tell you this, but the Fed is not comprised of "Loomis", "Brinks" or "Garda".

I know -_- I'm pretty sure I said that up above, I know the whole system of what happens to the coin once we turn it in and how we get it again, where the fed vaults are, and where the branches are, it's no big secret.

usa2stay

Aug 10, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Xterra 305
Xterra 705
I read that many antique dealers have silvers that are not collector quality. And that they will sell them to you are the melt price. With silver headed south would it be a good time to visit the antique dealers and try to cut a deal?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that many antique dealers have silvers that are not collector quality. And that they will sell them to you are the melt price. With silver headed south would it be a good time to visit the antique dealers and try to cut a deal?

Actually its best to hit antique shops after a rise- cause normally they don't check and update their prices daily/weekly or even monthly- at least from what I've seen and also heard- you could always check amd try but from what I've seen they set their prices and leave them for a while- so you might catch their prices up right now- also something they consider is when and at what price they bought it at as well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread