Whoa! Washington Dollar Errors!!

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
On wednesday, I sent my Dad to the bank to buy me two rolls of Washington dollars. I found 14 in one roll withoutedge lettering! I later got 9 more rolls and I now have a total of 95 of these rare errors! I already sold 5 for $900 bucks! ;D And nowsome of my others are on Ebay :P
coins162.jpg

coins165.jpg

coins166.jpg

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better sell them all before people find out how common they probably are.

low xtreme

Oct 5, 2006
georgia
the guy that had the first one on ebay is on this site too. i'd definetly put them on ebay, clean up on them while you can.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joliet Jake

May 10, 2005
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just curious, were the other coins with mint marks "D" or "P"?

Of course the real error collectors will have to get both a "D" and a "P" version.

;) (just kidding).

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel sorry for all of these idiots buying these error coins at these inflated prices. It's obvious that more and more sellers are putting them online.

Grats to those making some nice profit off of them, but gosh there are some real suckers out there... especially the ones buying the upside-down lettered edge.

Cerulean

Dec 1, 2006
Washington, DC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I brought home a roll of 2007-P Washington dollars yesterday. All had complete edge lettering, but 14 out of 25 were upside down, that is, when you are reading the edge the liberty side is facing up.

I've also noticed that the edge is easiest to read in flourescent light. Daylight isn't as helpful.

OP
OP
Coinkid

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
These coins without the edge lettering are only being found in two cities, Jacksonville, FL, where I live, and Chicago (and probably the surrounding areas)..... ;D I've already sold a total of 6 for $1,099 =)

OP
OP
Coinkid

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
I believe they are rare, but they are concentrated. They're only being foud in the two cities I mentioned, and there aren't enough to go around....

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 40 online now. It might only be being found in certain areas, but it sure doesn't look rare at all.

Feb 20, 2007
USA
It will be interesting to see if these errors are rare. If so 95 of them is unreal to find!!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are even more listed now.

You had better list the rest that you have and maybe save one or two.

I would list the rest of them all in one day auctions with one ending about every 30min or so. I really love the people that win one of your auctions for over $200 that could have used your buy it now on other auctions for $185, haha.

They are also being found in Tallahassee (spelling?).

OP
OP
Coinkid

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Yeah...I thought it was great too ;D It was awesome....when the auctions ended at like $260, the $185 ones were gone in a flash....lol :)

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Well i found out the upside down lettering,is not a error,The people that find coins without lettering,are very lucky,but as the ones that are talking about the upside down lettering,your out of luck.If you go to the website ABOUT.COM you can read about it.Ronald99 ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread