Coming up short in boxes and when dumping

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
Now my last box of nickels was 2 short. I actually track each roll on paper as I'm going I'll tally it out. Basically take not of each roll if I have any keepers as well. Anyways I always replace what is missing so it comes out to a solid 2000 nickels that I'm returning if that's what I'm doing.
This most recent dump the machine was 3 short. Now the last box I had 2 missing plus 1 hit that I kept. I forget if I replaced them or not. But is it really a big deal to come up short on the dump. It's only 15 cents. I should probably only worry if it's coming up short by alot right.

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
weigh each roll. nics are 200 grams. any roll under 199.8 will surely have a dreaded Canadian. got this ender in a 199.4 gram roll with a beaver tail next to it. IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0050.jpg

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ya being short is all part of the hobby- sometimes its the coin machine miss counting sometimes its the rolls being shorted- just have to accept it as part of playing the crh game

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dontcha remember you kept afew, oh yeah and mom needed some tollroad money, and the kids needed lunch money....................

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might not be the box, the machine might be faulty too. I know what machines will do what around me because it happens frequently enough.

OP
OP
M

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
Yeah this time might be my own error, but I can take a loss if it's a few coins off. I'll keep better track next time around.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A post about 15 missing cents?

Of course its a big deal, I would demand to speak to the Bank CEO. That is outrageous and someone needs to be fired!!!

SMH

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The self-service coin counters sometimes needs readjustment on the calibration gap for the demoniations. Many times I dump all dimes, and yet some of these dimes gets registered as cents. Not the banks fault, all they can do is call the vendor/supplier to come and fix the problem. However, I do make a notation on the voucher slip to the teller indicating such errors.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
weigh each roll. nics are 200 grams. any roll under 199.8 will surely have a dreaded Canadian. got this ender in a 199.4 gram roll with a beaver tail next to it. View attachment 900054 View attachment 900056

I'll take my risk finding "a dreaded canadian"...... I've found SEVERAL war nickels in a roll with TWO Canadians in it. IF I had weighed it to avoid dreaded canadians I would have missed out completely. dis be bad advice what dis man is say'n.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
A post about 15 missing cents?

Of course its a big deal, I would demand to speak to the Bank CEO. That is outrageous and someone needs to be fired!!!

SMH

Joe, I sent an email to the CEO, CFO, and everyone else. I will raise heck to get this man's fifteen cents back if its the last thing I do.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah hate those 99.9% nickel Canadian 5 cent pieces!

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
15 cents is nothing in this game. wait till u get shorted 4 or 5 hundred. i got shorted 875 once, the bank found it. Another time i got shorted 375 and they never found it. I have also have got up to a hundred dollars in change out of TD reject tubes several times. in the long run it all evens out HH.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50cent, you totally mis-read my post. the reason for weighing rolls is to verify there are 40 coins. have gotten many rolls that are short and some that were over 40. weight is just an indicator of an anomaly, like a Canadian or a worn buff, "v" nic, balboa, or maybe a silver dime. you still need to search the roll!!!!!!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50cent, you totally mis-read my post. the reason for weighing rolls is to verify there are 40 coins. have gotten many rolls that are short and some that were over 40. weight is just an indicator of an anomaly, like a Canadian or a worn buff, "v" nic, balboa, or maybe a silver dime. you still need to search the roll!!!!!!

Why do you weigh it if you are still going to search it? Seems like unnecessary work

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I had boxes to dump and get shorted on. It totally stinks not being able to CRH. And I think a lot of people are catching onto the silver coin train because I have noticed those turning their coins into the coinstars are really going through the reject bin. Even little kids are booking over there to check rather than going to the gumball machines. That's the worse because those munchkins more often than not don't even know what they might be getting. Unless its Post 1967 canadian which I say let 'em have it, LOL.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread