I Got SNIPED! Well, Sort Of....

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
So I worked the ER last night and early in the shift I noted a Canadian dime sitting in a odds and ends tray on one of the desks. Says me I really ought to look at that later. Probably dropped out of someone's pocket and the staff tossed it there not knowing what else to do with them.

We get busy and I forget, and near the end of the shift the other nurse is sitting at the desk, and she decides she wants them if the on-coming shift says they are effectively abandoned, because they are Canadian. I asked to look at them and lo and behold 2 of the 3 are silver! One was King George and the other a 1960's, and the last a 1980's.

Yeah, day shift says we don't know why they are there so you can have them (to the other nurse). I thought getting sniped by a teller would be bad, but the other gal isn't even a collector.

Rascal

Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I worked the ER last night and early in the shift I noted a Canadian dime sitting in a odds and ends tray on one of the desks. Says me I really ought to look at that later. Probably dropped out of someone's pocket and the staff tossed it there not knowing what else to do with them.

We get busy and I forget, and near the end of the shift the other nurse is sitting at the desk, and she decides she wants them if the on-coming shift says they are effectively abandoned, because they are Canadian. I asked to look at them and lo and behold 2 of the 3 are silver! One was King George and the other a 1960's, and the last a 1980's.

Yeah, day shift says we don't know why they are there so you can have them (to the other nurse). I thought getting sniped by a teller would be bad, but the other gal isn't even a collector.

Rascal
:coffee2: That's a bummer however imo you weren't sniped. You had the opportunity to get the coins but you didn't act on it in time. Sniping imo is when someone (like a bank teller) has the coin in their tray & won't sell it to you but buys it for themselves in front of you. This didn't happen this time. I've heard a saying "you snooze you loose". That's what happen this time. Good luck next time. Try cooper36 advice & see what happens. After all you said she isn't a collector.

HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread