Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the condition, my friend!

Unless you really need 50 cents - might as well save it, at least for now.

Most proofs pulled from circulation command not-so-much of a premium.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I brought a small container full of clad proofs to my LCS. He didn't even look at them. Circulated is circulated. That was the last time I considered keeping a clad proof.
I think our beginner's guide to coin roll hunting is a good resource, but it certainly can be polished. One of those improvements would be getting rid of the notion that "proof coins can be very lucrative". 99.9% of the time it is not the case.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I find them I put them in my collection for the heck of it. I don't see a lot of them. Not sure what I'll do if I find a duplicate of what I already have. Maybe stick in the collections I am building for my kids.

OP
OP
R

rocklafave

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for all your information. Out.

DrCaufield

Jul 25, 2013
I save then have found around $5 worth of them. I see no harm in saving them since it doesn't dent my roll

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
There is very little demand for Kennedy proof (or NIFC) half dollars that are below PF-65 (MS65 for NIFCs), despite their low mintage (<5million/yr).
I wonder if the mint stopped making Kennedy halves or switch to a new design, would that change people's interest!?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clad proofs aren't good to resell, as others have said before, you can buy the entire set inexpensively.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions