picked up $500 in cwr from one person. ..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Buff! Glad you found something, nice way to end the week! :) HH, Maverick.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! I probably would have passed on those halves.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, they were all from the same person so the rolls that contained silver were from the same person too. Maybe rewrapping boxes is one of their hobbies ;)

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I would've been reluctant to take them...Great job!
HH!
BRChiver

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome!
I would have been like , screw those!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! See, you got good luck for telling me not to be discouraged with my skunky year labeled rolls Thursday! :)

- DS

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha that's a tough one to figure out! maybe they bought a box and decided it was too much hassle and they didn't know what they were looking for? weird! or maybe someone just had exactly $500 in halves they collected over the years, who knows

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha that's a tough one to figure out! maybe they bought a box and decided it was too much hassle and they didn't know what they were looking for? weird! or maybe someone just had exactly $500 in halves they collected over the years, who knows

Your guess is as good as mine, a few weeks prior, the same person brought in $500 worth but when I went there the teller had already sold 4 rolls, so I picked up a $460 skunk, it's kinda weird.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked into a branch the other day and picked up $300 in CWRs and scored a couple of 40%s too.. You just never know what you will get.. Congrats on the finds buddy.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. I definitely would have passed that by. Exactly $500 in CWR is usually the dump sign.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, I was hesitant on buying these too but I wanted to make my pickup bank happy. It's not too much of a strain on my pickup banks because this bank is out of my way and i don't frequent the area regularly so i can just dump the searched cwr's at another bank in the area.
They must either have a large jar of half dollars and are slowly cashing them in in $500 increments or they are a really REALLY bad crh'er. :P

Good job. I definitely would have passed that by. Exactly $500 in CWR is usually the dump sign.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the $300 worth, yours would have been less likely to be a crh dump as it wasn't close to $500 though. I'd jump over any half dollar dump $300 and under, especially $100 and less. I'll be buying these dumps again if they decide to deposit more into the bank, i am not thrilled at all to be buying them but now that i found silver in them it makes it a little better to buy. Note: this specific person used 3 different CWR style rolls both times, kinda weird as well, the first time (a skunk) the rolls were marked with a black "X" the second time they weren't. Perhaps the tellers might be going through them?

I walked into a branch the other day and picked up $300 in CWRs and scored a couple of 40%s too.. You just never know what you will get.. Congrats on the finds buddy.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the $300 worth, yours would have been less likely to be a crh dump as it wasn't close to $500 though. I'd jump over any half dollar dump $300 and under, especially $100 and less. I'll be buying these dumps again if they decide to deposit more into the bank, i am not thrilled at all to be buying them but now that i found silver in them it makes it a little better to buy. Note: this specific person used 3 different CWR style rolls both times, kinda weird as well, the first time (a skunk) the rolls were marked with a black "X" the second time they weren't. Perhaps the tellers might be going through them?
Think of it as buying a box, and finding 3 silvers. Most of us go threw 5 plus boxes and find nothing. It really is a tough situation sometimes. I went to a bank once that had 790$ in rolled halves, I was very hesitant because I had 1k on me and the plan was to spend the day CRH. This was my first stop and I didn't want to tie up all my cash. I decided to buy all of them and all but 3 rolls were skunks. Out of the 3 rolls I managed 28 40% ! You never know!

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is encouraging. The tellers at this bank I think know about silver but I think they are too lazy to look for them. My grandfather has gotten solid rolls from this bank about 7 years ago, in all about 3 rolls of 40%, a few peace dollars and a couple bens. I've never had such lluck unfortunately.

Think of it as buying a box, and finding 3 silvers. Most of us go threw 5 plus boxes and find nothing. It really is a tough situation sometimes. I went to a bank once that had 790$ in rolled halves, I was very hesitant because I had 1k on me and the plan was to spend the day CRH. This was my first stop and I didn't want to tie up all my cash. I decided to buy all of them and all but 3 rolls were skunks. Out of the 3 rolls I managed 28 40% ! You never know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions