The odds and ends while searching 16 banks this morning

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
today i was determined to find some silver, and decided to hit up some banks I have never been to in this zoo they call San Diego. The first bank I went to had only one young lady (probably college student) working the teller which was a score b/c they usually are ill informed about the silver rush. She told me that she only had ONE!!! 50 cent piece and picked up a frosty gray coin from her tray. I knew it was silver but got Little anxious when she started to look at the coin and play with it a bit. Eventually, she handed me the coin and I was pumped to find a 1960 D Franklin(my second ever found). I thought 1 bank, 1 half, 1 silver, this is going to be a great morning. The next fifteen banks only yielded about 10$ in half's, NO silver. I actually had a great time going to all those banks and talking to the tellers whom ask as many questions as I do about buying halves. I also picked up 29 2$ bills for fun. whats great about this hobby is that it really isn't about the money, it feels really good to accomplish a personal goal, and learn new ways to approach them

Attachments

• ben franklen find.jpg
    ben franklen find.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 283
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0
OP
OP
patpall22

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
Thanks for the coment Coinlover. I don't know about the stars, or where to find them, but I quickly looked for older bills, 6 of them are 1976 (the oldest
), the rest are 95- or 03 series

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice silver!!

Good to hear you had fun while doing it!!! thats what its about!!! I like the two dollar bills!! I think I will ask about some Mon!! nice finds!!

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
$2 Bills and some guidelines.

If you are asking for twos while CRHing,you might want to ask the teller if they have Red Seals or Blue Seals instead of the much more common Green ones. The Red's are worth approx. $3 in any circulated shape and much more in nice condition. The Blue Silver Certificates are worth more than the red ones. The green ones are fun but they are worth $2. Good Luck, Jim
according to Wikipedia,there are over 20 times as many $5 bills minted for every $2 bill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread