Its that time of year again.... 2014 goals?

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
It's that time of year again.... 2014 goals?

Now that we are nearing the end of 2013, its time to start thinking about our 2014 yearly CRH goals. What do you think your goals will be? I think my goals will be 300oz of silver, with 20 bens, 10 walkers, (and a lifetime goal of 1 barber), and a quarter ton (500lbs) of copper pennies. Curious to hear what others goals are. HH

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that we are nearing the end of 2013, its time to start thinking about our 2014 yearly CRH goals. What do you think your goals will be? I think my goals will be 300oz of silver, with 20 bens, 10 walkers, (and a lifetime goal of 1 barber), and a quarter ton (500lbs) of copper pennies. Curious to hear what others goals are. HH
dawg my goal is to leave skunksville far behind me and never come back!

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my goals is to do 50 boxes of halves in one week. Just have a little more planning and work and I think I will get it done.
Goal two is to complete my dream box ( I have been saving Enders to create complete box )
Goal three is to create larger network of tellers saving AG for me
Goal four is to find my first 20+ silver box.
Goal five is to post about my 20+ silver box.

Lifetime goal would be find barber half or anything earlier.

Week you do your 100 boxes omega I will try my hardest to do 50. :)

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not really setting any goals; but planning to do a lot of detecting! I need the exercise and after living here for over 6 years, know of several sites that I want to really search. Nothing special, just some schools and parks. I've developed a 'beer-belly', though I don't drink beer. I'm hoping the bending, swinging the detector, getting down on my knees and back up again will shrink it at least 3 or 4 inches. Was about 36" in 2007, now over 40"!!

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started this hobby at the end of this past February. As of today I have found 187 ounces since I first started. Since I have 2+ months until the end of my first year I would say I am on track to finish up a full year with over 200 ounces. With all this in mind, my goal for 2014 is to find at least 200 ounces. I recently changed jobs which has seriously put a dent in my weekly orders, so 200 ounces is a good goal for me to set.

As for individual coins, I am one walker away from filling my first roll, I have over two full rolls of franklins, and have 6 or 7 rolls of '64's. This year I have also found a barber, a modern silver proof, bicentennial silver business strikes, a bicentennial silver proof, 6 x 1970 d's, a 69 proof, a washington comm. half, a clad comm. half, over a roll of silver roosies, 16 silver quarters, 9 or so mercury dimes, and countless clad proofs. Since I've found most of the milestones that I wanted to hit, I will set my individual coin goal for the one that I have not found yet: A seated half.

I know finding a seated is not a realistic goal, but it is the one major class of coin that I have not found yet.

Happy hunting and good luck in 2014 everyone.

2014 goal synopsis for anyone that didn't feel like reading my long-winded post: 200+ ounces and one seated half.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to beat this year's silver totals and to find a pre-1914 US silver coin. This year I found a 1913 barber dime which was a reverse ender. it is always nice to find a silver coin that is 100+ years old.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal is to invest a total of $2000 in silver through coin roll hunting and buying, but i want my average of what it costs to be under spot at all times. Im also going to get $100 face value more of copper and 100 wheats

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goal? Hmmmm... This was a pretty good year for both detecting and CRH'ing. Funny thing, most of my excavated coins are either new-ish or 18th century, due to detecting really old sites or 18th century shipwrecks. Not parks. I need to get SOME COINS from the 1800's!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread