teletrade

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Upvote 0

noebody

Dec 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE....Excalibur coming soon
What is teletrade??? I got a few hundred 40% I am thinking of selling on ebay and usuing the money to get 10 Oz bars.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry....never heard of Teletrade. If you do sell....let us know your results...I would be curious. Thanks.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I believe that Teletrade only Buys & Sells CERTIFIED Coins! Also their Fees, P&H, & 2-6 wk. Lag Time will eat your Profits Up! Check it out!

HH Joe

PS. I forgot to mention the advantage of Teletrade is If you are Buying Coins, they have Physical Possession of the Coins! You Pay, You get the Coins from Them!

OP
OP
T

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Teletrade does coin acutioning on the internet. Its a pretty cool site. I learned alot just doing searches on past auctions. Joe is correct that there are fees and postage and handling, that is why if you buy you take that into consideration on your bid. Selling too! I like the fact that you can send them a coin and they will get it graded (for a fee) at one of the big graders and then auction your coin. There is the lag time as well. Joe is correct in everything he says. I have not bought or sold with them, yet. Has anyone actually bought or sold through them? Or if not does anyone use any auction sites besides, ebay and gregslist?

Thanks.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'd rather go to a coin store than buy off of TV. Add shipping and handling to them, and you pay more. I saw on TV the other night where they were offering 1 oz. silver liberty coins for the "low low" price of $49.00 each, encapsulated. And you had to pay S & H on top of that. I bought the same thing at a coin shop 2 weeks ago for $18.00.

Ebay has some good deals at times.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought about a dozen certified coins from Teletrade between 1996-1999 (back when the auctions were only by phone) and I was always happy with what I got. The buyers fees were minimal and the down time was never an issue. I guess the system has changed since I've bought.

The unique thing about the coins I got from them was I was able to sell each one on eBay for multiples of my purchase price. They sell quality stuff and the nature of their product (high grade certified coins) lends itself to excellent resale if you sit on them for awhile. But if you're simply looking for top notch coins for your permanent collection or curious about dabbling in slabbed coins for the first time, Teletrade is a great starting point.

BTW, I'm not a Teletrade employee or investor! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread