Whats the modern day dream box

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
What's the modern day dream box

I had a little extra time today to go back and read some old posts from users. Just curious if 100+ silver coin box is still considered the "normal dream box" or if someone wants to talk and come to a new dream box status.

Also as far as a dream box would a barber or seated half found be considered to be a dream box score?

Encourage lots of people's intake and I realize newbies like myself might consider dream boxes to be a lot lighter than old school CRHers.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
100 keepers. Moving the goal posts, just cheapens the goal. Getting a haircut is nice, and joining the Seated Society is unique, but it doesn't equate to the dream standard. Check out my post on the ThanksAGiving thread and you'll see more Barbers than have been posted in years. That was only 2 years ago.

OP
OP
R

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with you on your insight but when was last time someone hit a 100+ box? Times change and each year more coins go into circulation and boxes get picked over. Even NIFC take up room..Agreed? lately seems like 20+ coins found CRH in a box is a shockingly amazing, WOW'd, Excited, dream box quoted kind of post.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The modern day dream box is the same thing as the old school dream box: A hundred silvers. Not seeing them posted every day makes them that much more dreamy.

A hat trick will always be 3 goals. A grand slam will always be a bases loaded homer. A hole in one will always be one stoke. A field goal will always get you 3 points (in football at least). A basket will only count if the ball leaves your hand before the buzzer. 60 votes in the Senate will always be needed to pass a cloture motion to end debate and move to vote on nomination of a confirmation of a vacant judgeship - oh wait - never mind. I guess I'm wrong. To hell with it - let's make a dream box 20 silvers.

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup....100 keepers of any combination of 90% and 40%ers. I had one in March of this year ...

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with you on your insight but when was last time someone hit a 100+ box? Times change and each year more coins go into circulation and boxes get picked over. Even NIFC take up room..Agreed? lately seems like 20+ coins found CRH in a box is a shockingly amazing, WOW'd, Excited, dream box quoted kind of post.

I dont do boxes, i do bags of halves that are $1000. So i know its not comparing apples to apples. But my top two bags this year are 191 keepers (all 40%s) and 107 keepers (14 of which were 90%)

Thats with doing only one bag a week at the time. Its out there. Just gotta catch the right place right time.

OP
OP
R

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
When you dream dream big right. I fish a lot and someday I will catch my dream fish. It is out there and I am sure my 100+ box is out there too. Just like fishing there is another guy just down the stream hoping for same thing. I am not voting to change the dream box and am all for it staying at 100+ keepers. Just starting a convo piece to see what others think but I guess 100+ might be written on the commandments...

I would be happy for anyone on this site to hit a dream box and show hundreds of pics of it. :)

I got a big week of orders and hopefully I will be able to post some awesome results.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people have gotten dream boxes on here and have not posted about them... :X
The new standard should be at 150 silvers but we'll keep it at 100.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people have gotten dream boxes on here and have not posted about them... :X The new standard should be at 150 silvers but we'll keep it at 100.

Yes that happens as well I know of a box that produced 113 silvers and a bag that produced just over 300 1964 Kennedy's! Not a single 40% in the bag. Niether person is a t net member. And both people search about 10 k total a year. Go figure

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 period
If you lower the amount it lessens the dream
Aim for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars-
Gotta keep the goal standards high

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
R

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's slam the gavel. Dream box will forever be 100 silver. I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes just trying to chime in and start some convos and maybe get some newbies to open up. Sometimes this thread and forum can be intimidating.
I got 10 boxes of halves today maybe today will be my dream box day. I will let you all know!

Happy hunting and hope rest of year into new year produce for us all

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
100 period
Aim for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars-
-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Stars are much further away than the moon lol

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ii think my highest was 8 keepers in a box, with as much as 3 keepers in crw's.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2: I agree with everyone who said a dream box needs to be kept at 100 silvers in the box. Lowering the standard only cheapens the achievement when the standard is met. My best box ever had 54 keepers (52 90%s & 2 40%s). That was several years ago. I'm still looking & hoping to find a dream box.

HH
Gary

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, let's make it 20 silvers. That means I had TWO dream boxes last Friday, lol.

In all seriousness, leave it at 100 silvers. I've never had a real dream box, but I've had a couple with over 50. If I ever find a real dream box, it will be awesome. Finding 50 in a box was also awesome and it wouldn't have felt any better if I could have called it a "dream box".

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 silver coins, any type. 99 walkers and a non-silver commemorative doesn't count!! haha or any other random thing you can think of. 100 silver coins period

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
generally when you get one you will know. my first had 13 enders. that's when you know it's gonna be a good box

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dreams are dreams and everyone's dreams are unique to him. My dream box is a solid box of uncirculated Walkers.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't this same question get asked every 2-3 weeks?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread