cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was kind of funny. I was in wells fargo with a normal deposit and out of the corner of my eye I see a guy carrying bags of halves into the back area. Then he comes out and goes to the window next to me. I quietly comment on his deposit while the teller is away from the window. Yes, he does CRH. We finish our transactions and as he walks away I quietly introduce myself as a CRHer too.

After a couple minutes we find out who each other is.

He is SoCalMark from this board and we have known each other for quite some time. To top it off we have even talked on the phone in the past. Small world.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
It was kind of funny. I was in wells fargo with a normal deposit and out of the corner of my eye I see a guy carrying bags of halves into the back area. Then he comes out and goes to the window next to me. I quietly comment on his deposit while the teller is away from the window. Yes, he does CRH. We finish our transactions and as he walks away I quietly introduce myself as a CRHer too.

After a couple minutes we find out who each other is.

He is SoCalMark from this board and we have known each other for quite some time. To top it off we have even talked on the phone in the past. Small world.

roller of the world, unite.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met a guy at one of my banks, obviously a CRH with cents. He said he picks through cents to find copper ones because he owns ALL the penny arcade machines around town and the copper ones smash better than the zinc. Odd thing is i have never seen a penny arcade in this town except for the zoo and 1 amusement park.

Only other CRH'ers i have talked too (about 3) were all skeezers and were only met as a result of some of my banks telling them they know where they can get some Ike dollars. They all vigorously tried to pick my brain to see if i was a CRH and they all obviously wanted the silver, i played dumb, sold them to them for 1.05 each, moved out 8k worth of Ikes and they haven't contacted me since. 2 of the 3 aren't well received at the banks anymore because the tellers now know they are just purely silver hunters and were busted on their lies that they told tellers. I on the other hand have other reasons for hunting and the silver is just a bonus, which i usually spent back in buying the girls treats, or giving dollar coins to the girls so they can put them under their kids pillows when they lose a tooth.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met a crh-er about a month ago and we shared some tips with each other. Nice guy and we exchanged numbers. Not always the case I'm sure. His success rate has dropped big time in the last year or two and was really interested in how I got started. Can't tell if he was just trying to be nice to get info from me. He was bummed to hear I scored a solid roll of 40%s at a bank he hadn't visited in a while...

OP
OP
B

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Bumping this thread:

Ran into my second CRHer today, woman, looked to be in her 50s, I didn't interact with her though. She was kinda rude and cut in front of some people at the bank and asked for $2 'notes' and '50 cent pieces'.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Bumping this thread:

Ran into my second CRHer today, woman, looked to be in her 50s, I didn't interact with her though. She was kinda rude and cut in front of some people at the bank and asked for $2 'notes' and '50 cent pieces'.
Ha! Sounds like my Wife.

OP
OP
B

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha! Sounds like my Wife.

:laughing7:

We'll keep that one between us!

Thinking back on it, I don't really think she might've been one because she seemed to be looking for $2s and halves for Easter eggs or something (who knows).

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:

We'll keep that one between us!

Thinking back on it, I don't really think she might've been one because she seemed to be looking for $2s and halves for Easter eggs or something (who knows).

Ahhhh.....Easter Eggs!....Now I have a new story of why I want Coinage! :occasion14:

momandboys

Greenie
Nov 24, 2013
Never met a CRHunter at a bank though the tellers have told me there are regular "dumpers". Met plenty of people who say that their fathers or grandfathers do CRH (one was a mom who caught me going through half's during a school carpool line).

Ha ha. Easter eggs! I have used that one a couple of times.......also boy scout badge, school math project (probability).......usually just "my kids are starting a coin collection"

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh.....Easter Eggs!....Now I have a new story of why I want Coinage! :occasion14:

Remember, it's easier to get caught in a truth than caught in a lie...

It's too confusing for me to make up stories and it's dishonest to the tellers. I just tell them straight up I collect if they ask. Many don't even bother.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, it's easier to get caught in a truth than caught in a lie...

It's too confusing for me to make up stories and it's dishonest to the tellers. I just tell them straight up I collect if they ask. Many don't even bother.

I agree. Lying won't get you far in this hobby.

momandboys

Greenie
Nov 24, 2013
I agree. Lying won't get you far in this hobby.

for Pete's sake the truth police is here. i guess if I was ordering 2k in halfs every week no one would believe they were for Easter eggs....... but stopping off at a random bank and asking for crc so I can hunt for silver and rare coins has never gotten me very far....plus I never have to worry about giving tellers "Starbucks" or other shallow flattery, everybody wants to help a boyscout. sheshh

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for Pete's sake the truth police is here. i guess if I was ordering 2k in halfs every week no one would believe they were for Easter eggs....... but stopping off at a random bank and asking for crc so I can hunt for silver and rare coins has never gotten me very far....plus I never have to worry about giving tellers "Starbucks" or other shallow flattery, everybody wants to help a boyscout. sheshh

I never said to tell the truth, I just said not to lie.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My example is if you tell people it's for a kid's project, and they give you a box, and then you come back and forgot your last lie, and you have a new one, they'll see right through you and be mad you're lying to them. And then tell you there's a fee or something.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see evidence of them all over but have only met one. and he was a nickels guy. the halves guys are elusive

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said to tell the truth, I just said not to lie.

You are SO right BB, no one has to volunteer the information that they are looking for silver (or old) coins, but it's no lie to say you are looking for "collectables" , or error coins or commemoratives or that you are filling books (if you really are) or using them for poker, again, if you really are, etc...

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So right BB, no one has to volunteer the information that they are looking silver (or old) coins, but it's no lie to say you are looking for "collectables" , or error coins or commemoratives or that you are filling books (if you really are) or using them for poker, again, if you really are, etc...

I tell the truth when asked what I am getting boxes for... "I'm a coin collector".
When asked if I keep silver, I say yes.
When asked what I keep, I say older coins.
Etc. There's no need to lie, but when you're not asked, there's no reason to volunteer the truth. :)

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell the truth when asked what I am getting boxes for... "I'm a coin collector".
When asked if I keep silver, I say yes.
When asked what I keep, I say older coins.
Etc. There's no need to lie, but when you're not asked, there's no reason to volunteer the truth. :)

Exactly. I mostly say I collect coins and leave it at that.

momandboys

Greenie
Nov 24, 2013
Honestly I don't know if you guys are serious or joking around....

Where do you live? I want to hunt where no one asks any questions!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions