GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if it will beat my record for most wheaties in a $50 bag, but I am hoping it will at least be in the top 5 (and hoping there may be an indian head or two mixed in). A very quick scan while at the teller window picking it up showed at least one bottom corner (as well as most of the bottom) appeared to be mostly to all wheat pennies plus a 1928 Canadian penny. There appeared to be some wheaties scattered throughout the rest of the bag as well.

I believe my record is somewhere in the 600's. Whether it beats my record or not, it'll be a fun bag to search. :)

No prizes, but feel free to guess as to what I will find. I'll post the results when I finish the bag, but being as I am at work, it will be at least 5-6 hours before I can start to sort through it, if I get to it tonight at all.

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently sold off a bunch of my extra wheats on Ebay in lots. Average price per penny selling them that way comes out to 7 cents each. The Memorial reverse copper cents I sold to a local guy for 2 cents each. It may be chump change to you but I'll take it. I'm retired, got nothing but spare time, & can't afford to put out thousands every week for bags of halves.

only takes 1K and a lot of flipping! but yea penny's are nice they tie up a lot less money. I can get in business with halves with 2k but I prefer 4k so I can do 8 box orders from time to time

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an amazing bag of cents... I've been tryin to search $25 a week in cents. Just average finds so far.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that some machines might filter out older wheats due to minor variations in metal content. Obviously steel probably got picked up by the magnet. Did the bank have a reject bin you could ask about?

OP
OP
G

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that some machines might filter out older wheats due to minor variations in metal content. Obviously steel probably got picked up by the magnet. Did the bank have a reject bin you could ask about?

I get bags from this bank all the time and have found older wheats and steelies mixed in so I doubt that is the problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread