Getting Someone Elses Rejects

Jul 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Getting Someone Else's Rejects

Picked up around $800 in halves in the last week or so, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting someone else's rejects, as the finds have been very sparse. I think I've cleaned out the banks around here for a month or so, so I'm going to start getting a box per week.

I ordered one last Thursday, and should get it in later this week. I'll keep everyone posted.

Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Getting Someone Else's Rejects

If you're finding anything, there not likely someone's rejects. At least not of any self respecting CRHer. We wouldn't miss any. :D

Good luck on your next box and don't get discouraged.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thurmownator said:
If you're finding anything, there not likely someone's rejects. At least not any self respecting CRHer. We would miss any. :D

Good luck on your next box and don't get discouraged.

Agree.

Don't give up wish you all the luck.

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark

I have never found one piece of silver in any pre-rolled coins (besides boxes from mint) ever. I still take whatever the bank has, but all of my silver has come from loose halves in the tellers tray, or the one box I had ordered. Thank god most of the banks in San Diego are staffed with college students, or youngsters whom could care less about silver.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007

Same here, patpall. In January I simply hopped from bank to bank asking for halves and finished the month with a nice haul of silver, but this month I tried a go at ordering boxes, with dismal results. It simply isn't worth having that much cash tied up in clad. (6 or 9 boxes were skunks! Why me?) I've started to get to know a lot of the tellers, and they informed me that I'm competing with 3 other CRHers in the area. One of my competitors was actually asking for halves from a teller at the same moment I was, and we looked at each other and just smiled warily. The tellers split the rolls between us, and we each got a few keepers. haha. I asked him what his dump banks are, but he wouldn't tell me. A lot of the rolls I've encountered lately have been all bicentennials. Anyone know why that would be? It's discouraging not to find much silver, but I always try to remember that any silver is better than none. Happy Hunting, Everyone!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fiatboy said:
Same here, patpall. In January I simply hopped from bank to bank asking for halves and finished the month with a nice haul of silver, but this month I tried a go at ordering boxes, with dismal results. It simply isn't worth having that much cash tied up in clad. (6 or 9 boxes were skunks! Why me?) I've started to get to know a lot of the tellers, and they informed me that I'm competing with 3 other CRHers in the area. One of my competitors was actually asking for halves from a teller at the same moment I was, and we looked at each other and just smiled warily. The tellers split the rolls between us, and we each got a few keepers. haha. I asked him what his dump banks are, but he wouldn't tell me. A lot of the rolls I've encountered lately have been all bicentennials. Anyone know why that would be? It's discouraging not to find much silver, but I always try to remember that any silver is better than none. Happy Hunting, Everyone!

Wow, a CRH standoff! I can see it now...

The two men stared at each other for a moment, both with wads of cash at the ready in their coin-dust-stained fingers. They had heard others existed but had never met till now. All of a sudden they draw, both asking for halves at once!! The nervous and confused tellers were taken aback at the similar strange requests. Would there be trouble? No. The bounty was shared between them and the bank employees heaved a sigh of relief. The steely-eyed hunters gave each other a knowing nod of acknowledgment and went their separate ways. Would their paths cross again? Time will tell, but for now life goes on in the raw and untamed world of COIN ROLL HUNTING!

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007

LOL! It wasn't quite that dramatic---no tumbleweeds or anything---but i really enjoyed your description. LOL!

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

Immy said:
fiatboy said:

Very good Immy. If you're not a writer, I do believe you missed your calling. Thank again for the laughs. :D
Wow, a CRH standoff! I can see it now...

The two men stared at each other for a moment, both with wads of cash at the ready in their coin-dust-stained fingers. They had heard others existed but had never met till now. All of a sudden they draw, both asking for halves at once!! The nervous and confused tellers were taken aback at the similar strange requests. Would there be trouble? No. The bounty was shared between them and the bank employees heaved a sigh of relief. The steely-eyed hunters gave each other a knowing nod of acknowledgment and went their separate ways. Would their paths cross again? Time will tell, but for now life goes on in the raw and untamed world of COIN ROLL HUNTING!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread