So Im cleaning my new house.....

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm cleaning my new house.....

Just bought a house built in 1946. I'm installing drawer slides on some bulit-in drawers in one of the bedrooms. First thing I'd do is take the drawer out and inspect it's condition, make light repairs, then clean the wood frame the drawer rested in. I'm cleaning one of the frames inside the built-in. I find a small metal coin, dark grey, a big 1 on it. It's unreadable so i give it a quick warm rinse (not cleaning). ...................1942 German Fpennig with swastika. My most unusual accidental find. I learned the same family lived here from 1946 until 2010. Must have been a misplaced souvenir that came back from the war. It's oddly poetic that I sold most of my 40% and 90% Kenndys to help buy my house (only kept walkers and bennies, among others of course). Gonna find some time to look around the nooks of my attic even though it was just recently re-insulated. I'll post pics once I get the scanner working..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story! Interesting how life leads us to little treasures. A carpenter friend of mine gave me an Indian head cent he sawz-alled out of a wall. It was sitting vertical on a wall board. Broke his blade. Poor condition but the odds? One in a million. Glad you found your pfennig. :-)
Wicka

Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to do a little detecting around the house especially next to trees and sidewalks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread