2nd tier collection dump

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
There have been a lot good finds recently. Today I picked up $5 in pennies, $20 in nickels and $50 in dimes while out for lunch. The first dime roll had 2 silver rosies, ended up with 3 total ('53, '58-D, '62). One of the nickel rolls had a reverse 'S' war nickel ender and I ended up with 2 war nickels (45-S and 43-P) , 25 pre-war nickels and several solid rolls of pre-64 nickels (found a '51, '42-D, but no key dates). Pulled 1 wheatie out. Tomorrow morning I'll be there at 9am and attempt to buy every customer wrapped roll they have. Maybe I can get in on some of this collection dump finding that's been going on. Also knocked down 4 more skunk halves boxes today. Did pull some neat foriegns and 40%er out of a bag change while dumping.

Somewhere in the day I also found 10 solid rolls of BU 2005-P nickels. Not sure if there's anything worth looking for in there

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not an error/variety hunter, but I believe there is some sort of "detached leg" 2005-P nickel.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been a lot good finds recently. Today I picked up $5 in pennies, $20 in nickels and $50 in dimes while out for lunch. The first dime roll had 2 silver rosies, ended up with 3 total ('53, '58-D, '62). One of the nickel rolls had a reverse 'S' war nickel ender and I ended up with 2 war nickels (45-S and 43-P) , 25 pre-war nickels and several solid rolls of pre-64 nickels (found a '51, '42-D, but no key dates). Pulled 1 wheatie out. Tomorrow morning I'll be there at 9am and attempt to buy every customer wrapped roll they have. Maybe I can get in on some of this collection dump finding that's been going on. Also knocked down 4 more skunk halves boxes today. Did pull some neat foriegns and 40%er out of a bag change while dumping.

Somewhere in the day I also found 10 solid rolls of BU 2005-P nickels. Not sure if there's anything worth looking for in there

You counted the 42 D as a pre sixty? Or is that just a typo because those are silver

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
You counted the 42 D as a pre sixty? Or is that just a typo because those are silver
Mark hit it, the '42-D isn't a silver war nickel, but for me they're pretty hard to find. Ironically enough I did find a '42-P today that is silver. I also found and honest, actual CRH QUARTER!!!! It was a '64 and from the same bank at all the silver from yesterday but I couldn't get back into the same vein as before. I also only found 4 wheaties out of ~$32 in cents which is horrible for me. Disappointing, but I was happy for my first CRH quarter. I've found 3 others from teller trays and two while dumping but this is the first to come out of a roll so I was a little happy to see that on my last hunting trip in Richmond. Now I'm off to Savannah full time. Richmond been very, very good to me. I doubt I'll be able to find another location as productive. Hopefully I will but right now I doubt it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread