Roll Hunter first post

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hello. I've been searching rolls for a few months now and just found this site. I haven't had any monster boxes like many of you have found, but maybe someday. I've searched about $4,000 in halves and found 18 1964s, 100 40%s, 2 Franklins, 1 Walker, and 2 Proofs. I've searched a few boxes of nickels and found about 1 silver per box but no Buffalos. I've put off searching any rolls of dimes or quarters because I've heard very few keepers are found. Well, I got bored waiting for my next box of halves and call a head teller friend and asked if she could spare a box of dimes and a box of quarters. She couldn't spare the quarters but I could get a box of dimes. Having low expectation I was happy when I found a 1954, and then a 1964-D. I thought I was doing pretty good and then this showed up.

Barber_Obv.jpg
Barber_Rev.jpg

I couldn't believe I found a Barber, much less one in this condition. I guess dimes can be worth looking through. Now if I can find a loaded box of halves.

Upvote 0

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Great Finds, that is a good amount of silver. Very lucky on the dime. Ive searched a few and have only found one Mercury. You probably live in a good place to CRH. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks bigtime400. I'm not saying I haven't done alright so far, but it would be great to find a box with multiple Walkers and Franklins like I've read about in some of the posts here.

Thanks tw656. I haven't had anyone talk about other people asking for half rolls so I think I need to start making some bank road trips and see what I can find. The posts by lejeuene are very motivating.

Thanks low extreme. I'm sure you'll find one, they are out there. Now I would like to see one of her sisters show up in a roll of halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread