Is It A Score?

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went into the LCS to trade spme Ken Halves, and they have 2 1970 S proof sets for $15 each. That a decent deal? I know its not directly related to CRH but just wanted to ask all of you knowledgable folk! HH :-)

Terrible deal at $15 a piece. You can get some at a BIN price of $11.70 shipped to you on eBay.

1970 s U s Proof Set | eBay

Or you can get them for $10 or lower if you watch the auctions on eBay.

- DS

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotcha. Thanks! I ended up swapping a roll of 40% that I found CRH for 8 walking liberties. Howd I do?!

I would say pretty good; you only lost 0.0643 troy oz of silver and you got some coins that are more desirable (from a collector standpoint) and have a purer silver content.

Great going!

- DS

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha. Thanks! I ended up swapping a roll of 40% that I found CRH for 8 walking liberties. Howd I do?!

As long as the walkers weren't super worn then ya a decent swap

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say pretty good; you only lost 0.0643 troy oz of silver and you got some coins that are more desirable (from a collector standpoint) and have a purer silver content.

Great going!

- DS

I second that...current spot price dictates a value of 60.20 for a roll of 40%ers while 8 walkers is worth 58.88 so you lost $1.32 but received, just as boris said, 8 more desirable coins which will be easier to get spot + a premium (possibly) for when you resell them. Not to mention they are less than half the weight of what you had previously so the SHTF nuts would take interest because it wont way down their coin purses :icon_thumleft::thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread