Man, Someone has too much time on there hands.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• DSCN1115.JPG
    DSCN1115.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN1116.JPG
    DSCN1116.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way, this bag is dated Dec 8th and is from a city that is well over 2 hours away from me.

drewbaccas

Mar 8, 2013
Guess I shouldn't be as mad about the guy that drags a black line down all my half dollars.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a bunch of cwr's recently that were marked in red very much like that....every coin..... That reminds me I got a call from a bank last week and the woman at the bank said they have $500 in halves if I want them. Its most likely a dump and Im thinking I'll likely just get more marked coins. I'd rather she told me she had just $8.50 in halves instead of $500....my chances of finding some keepers would probably be better and I wouldn't have the hassle of having to dump someone else's dump. But I guess I could always just buy $50 or so and see what they're like. I know its usually best to just buy them all but if I get a good sense they're all just a dump then my heart just isn't in it.

H$H!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
All done, yup, as I suspected, SKUNKAROOOOO! Thats my 8th bag in a row of skunks now, the odds have to be with me here soon I hope! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a bunch of cwr's recently that were marked in red very much like that....every coin..... That reminds me I got a call from a bank last week and the woman at the bank said they have $500 in halves if I want them. Its most likely a dump and Im thinking I'll likely just get more marked coins. I'd rather she told me she had just $8.50 in halves instead of $500....my chances of finding some keepers would probably be better and I wouldn't have the hassle of having to dump someone else's dump. But I guess I could always just buy $50 or so and see what they're like. I know its usually best to just buy them all but if I get a good sense they're all just a dump then my heart just isn't in it.

H$H!

I have done the testing the water thing a few times too, I get tired every now and then of taking them all when it is an even number like that and then watching the teller come out with a obvious box of dumps, then ending up just dumping them again for someone else. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess I shouldn't be as mad about the guy that drags a black line down all my half dollars.

Ha ha, I think we all get a little ( if not real) mad when we see this, you kinda allready know that there probably isn't going to be anything but a big skunk that night. HH, Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is terrible. I once got a box with about 2/3 marked coins and it contained 8 silvers, so you never know.
I seldom mark coins anymore but I marked 50 for this month(all lower grade, non-collectible specimens).

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that is terrible. I once got a box with about 2/3 marked coins and it contained 8 silvers, so you never know.
I seldom mark coins anymore but I marked 50 for this month(all lower grade, non-collectible specimens).

Hey Buff, ya it sucks, and it was a December dump too, where's the Christmas Silver! Lol, HH, Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is amazing how you could get the bag in 2 days. I just did 2 skunk boxes of halves tonight too.
Hey Buff, ya it sucks, and it was a December dump too, where's the Christmas Silver! Lol, HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It is amazing how you could get the bag in 2 days. I just did 2 skunk boxes of halves tonight too.

My pic is bad, but here's the label. Don't feel bad, I have allready searched 4 boxes earlier today, all skunks, and I had to drive today 45 miles 1 way to pick up 2 of them, Tuesday is my travel day:tongue3:. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN1117.JPG
    DSCN1117.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 104

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, thanks for sharing the picture! How do you get brinks bags? in my neck of the woods, brinks coins come in a brown and black cube box with a double layer of rolls (the dimensions are 5x5x2), and the rolls say BRINKS on them.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You mean like these, I get a bag a week and the rest are boxes. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN0607.JPG
    DSCN0607.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 101

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup, like those boxes except my rolls are brown and white and aren't repacked dumps (the boxes are always sealed with tape at the bottom of the box)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love how the boxes tell you how to open the brinks plastic rolls when the half dollars are wrapped in paper. :laughing11:

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I love how the boxes tell you how to open the brinks plastic rolls when the half dollars are wrapped in paper. :laughing11:

Lol, I know, would be nice if they were plastic, man, the time it would save.

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you In Oklahoma? I know they have bags and I know there is someone notorious for dotting the coins up that way.

In Texas, I have been getting a bunch of '93 D that are uncirulated. I first got the box of a couple hundred of them a couple months ago and they are finding their way back In brinks boxes.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I'm home searching my skunk bag of halves right now :BangHead:, I'm about half way through and so far this is all I'm seeing, Mr. freakin sharpie mark, uuhhgg, at least I wasn't expecting anything when the vault teller brought me out this bag, she said it looked like it had chicken pocks lol. HH everyone, Maverick.
crazy tella, thinks coins can catch people diseases

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread