Officially off the half dollar bandwagon

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost 2 months with little to no production from my boxes so I am done with halves. I guess since TimZim busted out, there has been a pretty negative effect on the amount of silver that circulates. Boxes move slower, backlogs are generated, new inventory is shipped out since they have 40+ more boxes laying around per week now... Zzzzzzzzzzzz. Somebody wake me up when TZ is back at it.

OTOH, Ike bags are still treating me well. My last bag produced a few dozen 40%ers, by far my best bag, that was a wonderful surprise. I've now made 6 '72 T2 Ikes in 64 ($200-$250 each) and a whole bunch in 62/63. I'm pretty sure I have a raw one for my next submission that will make 65, that will be a great payday for a $20 investment.

I'm pretty happy with the way my dealing on eBay is going as well, it sure generates fantastic returns if you have a good eye for coins. Just figured some of you might want an update on what I've been doing these days. Hope you all are well and stacking the silver. :)

Upvote 0

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, today was not too bad.

The bank that lost $181 in my $1000 dump one day had a miscalculation on my dump today, $1070 on a $1000 dump. I even told the teller and she said, that is what it says, that is what I give. I said OK, well maybe next week I can get that other $111 back, she laughed.

My 5 boxes today produced 12/40% and a single 64 for a total of $42 for the weekend, sort of like old times :D

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One my my banks told me today that they have two boxes of halves I can pick up if I want to. In the past this would have excited me but now am torn (half excitement/half dread of wasting my time dealing with two more skunks). This particular bank has Brinks boxes, which have sucked for a while.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One my my banks told me today that they have two boxes of halves I can pick up if I want to. In the past this would have excited me but now am torn (half excitement/half dread of wasting my time dealing with two more skunks). This particular bank has Brinks boxes, which have sucked for a while.

Just tell the teller that you're bringing them back if there's no silver.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up one since I was on foot and didn't feel like lugging two. Very skunky so far - as expected. I'll still get them some Christmas treats since they are so nice about ordering boxes for me, but I don't feel generous given how poorly their boxes have produced. Bah humbug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread