Yet Another "The End of CRH" Thread

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that the end of CRH is close.

Not because of coin processors sorting out the keepers.
Not because of youtube videos/radio ads/etc bringing in hoards of new hunters.
Not because of poor behavior by new hunters causing banks to refuse service.
Not because of falling PM prices.

But because of the trend towards arbitrary monitoring and controlling of cash transactions.

The last time I picked up a mere 4 boxes of halves (way below the $10k mandatory reporting level for cash transactions), the teller asked for my photo ID. I tried to give her the business card with my account number on it and she said she needed my ID. I gave it to her without too much thought - along with $2k in $50's and $100's.

When she ran the FRNs through the cash verifier/counter, each bill by denomination and by SN! appeared on her computer screen. She shot the back of my driver's license with her bar code scanner and all of my identity appeared along in another pop up. Paranoia tells me that those details went directly to you know who.

Now, the NSA, DEA, IRS, SSA, FBI, DOJ, ADT, CIA, SEC, FCC, FEMA, FRB, TSA, OCC, ATTB, NSF, USDA, INS, BLM, CPSC, FDA, NRA, GAO, USPS, NASA, NHTS, OHSA, PLO, and all other nefarious clowns know exactly what I did with the exact bills I had in my pocket. When those bills go out next, they will know who gets them and they will try to know when they are next deposited and they will attempt to connect the dots in between. They are establishing a system to know who does what with cash. If they decide they don't know enough about what you are doing, they will look harder and deeper. If they aren't satisfied, they will stop you from using cash.

They already watch all credit card purchases closely. They are now trying very hard to watch cash transactions and they will stop at nothing to do it. Today it's the banks. Tomorrow it will be retailers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Paranoia tells me"

What do you think the NSA, DEA, IRS, SSA, FBI, DOJ, ADT, CIA, SEC, FCC, FEMA, FRB, TSA, OCC, ATTB, NSF, USDA, INS, BLM, CPSC, FDA, NRA, GAO, USPS, NASA, NHTS, OHSA, PLO, and all other nefarious clowns are going to do with this vital top secret information?

OP
OP
L

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Paranoia tells me"

What do you think the NSA, DEA, IRS, SSA, FBI, DOJ, ADT, CIA, SEC, FCC, FEMA, FRB, TSA, OCC, ATTB, NSF, USDA, INS, BLM, CPSC, FDA, NRA, GAO, USPS, NASA, NHTS, OHSA, PLO, and all other nefarious clowns are going to do with this vital top secret information?

Yeah, I suppose you are right. My always-well-intentioned, never-overreaching protector (aka the federal government) would have no interest in why I would handle/exchange up to $30,000 a week in untraceable cash. I'm sure that they trust me at least as much as I trust them. They wouldn't feel any need to spy on me. I'm their friend and ally.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I suppose you are right. My always-well-intentioned, never-overreaching protector (aka the federal government) would have no interest in why I would handle/exchange up to $30,000 a week in untraceable cash. I'm sure that they trust me at least as much as I trust them. They wouldn't feel any need to spy on me. I'm their friend and ally.

You are right. I would quit now before they catch on to your scheme.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What bank was this done at? This has to be very new technology. If they are compiling a huge database of every bill by serial number to try and control us that much more, then the end is near.

OP
OP
L

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What bank was this done at? This has to be very new technology. If they are compiling a huge database of every bill by serial number to try and control us that much more, then the end is near.

It is the branch in the headquarters building of a medium size regional bank in Wisconsin. I have not seen this happen in any of the other branches or any other local banks.

I don't believe that it is new technology. If you google about it, there are lots of references to cash counter/verifiers reading bill SNs for the purpose of detecting counterfeit currency. Clearly, that would be the bank's purpose in catching SNs.

It is pretty naive to not be concerned when the bank starts keeping a detailed record of your activity. Anyone who pays attention on here to posts other than the "I found a ..." ; "This is why I'm so cool ..." ; and "You're dumb because ..." posts will have noticed that if a bank teller determines that your banking habits are unusual, you will face problems ranging from unexplained termination of all relationship to letters from investigators to visits from investigators. Once a SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) is filed, you've got a world of trouble for your hobby - and beyond.

OP
OP
L

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right. I would quit now before they catch on to your scheme.

Some people are ok with their every move being scrutinized and are fine with someone else being the judge of whether or not they are doing what they should. Those people are comforted by the fact that someone is there to take care of them so long as they just do what they are supposed to do and nothing else. That seems to work for some people. Their favorite arrangement is: "Why do you care if you are being investigated? If you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about." Congratulations on the inner peace that that thought process provides. I disagree, but I won't ridicule you for that. Flock on my friend.

Others believe that you do not have to be involved in a "scheme" to be concerned about being watched. History has many examples of why there is justification for that concern.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread