Christmas score??? skunksville and big score

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So yesterday hit several banks looking for loose halves- nothing but clad everywhere- then the last bank i hit- which is onr I don't usually go to cause the last time I went sevrral months aho they werent very noce since I wasn't a member, but thought I'd gice it a chance- so asked fornhalves and the teller I was at said she didn't have any but the teller next to her chimed in and she she had a couple dollars worth, then she said she remembered they had a bunch in the back someone dropped off and they were all in old dirty rolls, I tried not to get too excited d and said I'd take em all- then my teller asked if I was a memeber and i said no so she said shed have to check with the mngr, whch ultimately was ok and they brought out 25 rolls of really old brown dirty rolls- oh my heart skipped a beat and I couldn't wait to get back to the car-opened the 1st roll wnd saw several 2001's and my heart sunk as i new these werent an old collection and to no avail they were a dump :(
Then all my half boxes 5 where skunks
I did end the nihht on a high note though- picking up my halves I saw an older style nickle roll sitting on the counter and asked to see it- the teller knows me fairly well ans said "you don't normally want nickles" I just laughed it off and then saw on the back of the roll (older brown style) handwritten "buffalos" I thought naw couldn't be but I bought em asked if the same person had dropped anything else off and the teller said no-so got home and after my halves checked the nickle roll and sure enough a solid roll of Buffalos- haven't checked dates yet but there are several with full dates-
Pics will come later

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well unfortunately there were actually only 3 full date decent shape nicks- 1920 & 2x36
All others are either completly worn or very faint- will probably get the nic-a-date just to see what I've got

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131213_125627.png
    ForumRunner_20131213_125627.png
    373.8 KB · Views: 211
  • ForumRunner_20131213_125704.png
    ForumRunner_20131213_125704.png
    336.5 KB · Views: 182
OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20131213_130000.png

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going to chemical treat the dateless ones?

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
A solid roll of buffalos is a nice find. Even the dateless ones sell for at least 3 x face on ebay. I've been buying a lot of V, buffalo and silver nickels on ebay lately but I hope to be searching some boxes again soon. Finding them at face is more fun.

H$H!

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure use the Acid!
I found a 13 s type 2
By using it!!!!!!!!!!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I sometimes use vinegar for my no dates buffalos....but it probably doesn't work as well as that no date acid but some people that sell restored date buffalos on ebay seem to be able to do it really well and can sometimes even restore the coins to full horn too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread