cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I picked up my two boxes of halves at my bank last Friday the teller mentioned to me that there was another box in the vault. The vault teller was standing next to him and she said it was for someone else and she wondered why he has not picked it up yet. (she has an open order for both of us 1 for him & 2 for me every week)

Well on my way home last night (Monday) I stopped at the bank to see if Mr. X had picked it up. NOPE! It was now mine. :)

BUT, I had other things that I had to do and could not touch the box at all. It is now sitting under my bed waiting for me tonight.

Of course, the bank will not tell me who this other CRHer is, I have never asked anyway. But I have gotten hints from the tellers. He gets his one box a week, he owns a local restaurant and gives the halves out as change. It sounds like a pretty good story ;) (at least they bought it) I wish him luck in his CRHing but I am curious in who the competition is.

Upvote 0

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
The tellers may be telling the truth! We have a barbershop here in town that charges 11.50 for haircuts, and gives out 50 cent pieces in change.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bobr said:
The tellers may be telling the truth! We have a barbershop here in town that charges 11.50 for haircuts, and gives out 50 cent pieces in change.

I have been told basically the same thing....but it is a movie theater.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a barbershop here in town that charges 11.50 for haircuts, and gives out 50 cent pieces in change.

I have been told basically the same thing....but it is a movie theater.

Sounds like both places have CRHers. Good thing they have an outlet for their dud coins.
It takes a lot of haircuts to dump a box of halves, one coin at a time. :(

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
..........could not touch the box at all. It is now sitting under my bed waiting for me tonight.

My bonus box did good ;D

I finished going through the box I picked up Monday.
2 - Franklins
2 - 90% JFKs
11 - 40% JFKs
3 - BU/AU clad

One of the rolls had a Franklin in the middle and the 2 90% near each end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread