Anyone Hear of FinCEN?

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinCEN is apparently the department of treasury entity that works to thwart the bad guys from using the banking industry to profit from (or further enable) their bad-ness.
Welcome To FinCEN.gov

Black helicopters, chem-trails, and fluorine tainted water aside, is anyone else ill-at-ease over the fact that there are active programs expanding the amount of surveillance of your CRH-related banking activity? Who's with me? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/390640-yet-another-end-crh-thread.html

Sure, we're not doing anything wrong, but FinCEN doesn't know that and they will err on the side of locking you down rather than letting you lay if they can't figure out where and how you spent $559.50 worth of CWR in less than 2 days.

NOTE: This in NOT an offer to buy, sell, or trade foil hats or any other anti-surveillance gear.

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOTE: This in NOT an offer to buy, sell, or trade foil hats or any other anti-surveillance gear.

Dang I'm looking for a new tin foil hat lol

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
dis is a concern for people who dont post, but not us. if we ever get 'vestigated; these posts will clear most of us of any wrong doing. They track me down, i say, look here, look at all my posts here is what I was up to. I dont think they want a collective lawsuit brought against them from us CRH'ers.

I have all the tellers on my side with donuts and threats of rolled ikes, so they dont even have personal testamonial. Every bank has cameras so they know what Im up to. I dump and I pickup-----dat's it.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
untitled.png
were safe!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We may be safe from them, but not the IRS...

All that silver DOES have monetary value.
Better keep mileage records so you can actually show a loss.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dis is a concern for people who dont post, but not us. if we ever get 'vestigated; these posts will clear most of us of any wrong doing. They track me down, i say, look here, look at all my posts here is what I was up to. I dont think they want a collective lawsuit brought against them from us CRH'ers.

I have all the tellers on my side with donuts and threats of rolled ikes, so they dont even have personal testamonial. Every bank has cameras so they know what Im up to. I dump and I pickup-----dat's it.

And dont forget finding that which was lost.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We may be safe from them, but not the IRS...

All that silver DOES have monetary value.
Better keep mileage records so you can actually show a loss.

I never could understand why people show detailed totals of what they find.....

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
(currently, Lobo & AT Pro) whites 6DB, 6000, Fisher 5 zx, Tesoro Bandito micromax,Sand Shark, Tejon. Garret GT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you have your Silver coins, that is not income. it is face value. coin collecting is a hobby. coin selling is a business. So buy the IRS guy a cup of coffee with your silver dimes LOL.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

Hate to tell you,its not up to you to decide if youre doing anything wrong,its up to them.If they want to pin something on you theyre going to do it.There wont be a collective lawsuit either because you cannot sue them,If they think youre up to something,according to the the Patriot Act,and or,the National Defense Authorization act (NDAA) you can be held indefinitely without trial.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
dis is a concern for people who dont post, but not us. if we ever get 'vestigated; these posts will clear most of us of any wrong doing. They track me down, i say, look here, look at all my posts here is what I was up to. I dont think they want a collective lawsuit brought against them from us CRH'ers. I have all the tellers on my side with donuts and threats of rolled ikes, so they dont even have personal testamonial. Every bank has cameras so they know what Im up to. I dump and I pickup-----dat's it.
I hope to god they don't look at my posts here.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
if you have your Silver coins, that is not income. it is face value. coin collecting is a hobby. coin selling is a business. So buy the IRS guy a cup of coffee with your silver dimes LOL.

This. If you picked up $50 of silver at face value, you have $50 according to the government. It's not like they're going after banks for this. When you make an investment (and this is an investment), you don't make or lose money until you sell what you have.

If you're selling something for more than FV and want to remain on the up and up, report it. If you're sitting on it, don't. It's only $50. When the banks start paying melt rather than face, worry. The government will be involved then.

The paranoia here is astonishing sometimes.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are so many police agencies these days, and they all seem to do the same freakin' thing.

From FinCEN's website:

"FinCEN's mission is to safeguard the financial system from illicit use and combat money laundering and promote national security through the collection, analysis, and dissemination of financial intelligence and strategic use of financial authorities."

From the Secret Service's website:

"The mission of the United States Secret Service is to safeguard the nation's financial infrastructure and payment systems to preserve the integrity of the economy, and to protect national leaders, visiting heads of state and government, designated sites and National Special Security Events."

And even the FBI investigates matters of these types.

Kind of mind-boggling. Do they all work concurrently but as stand-alone agencies, together, or separately?

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they all shared their databases, they could solve all the crimes. But right now, competition between agencies for funding, recognition and personnel probably means they're dysfunctional and distrustful as hell :laughing7:

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinCEN, aint that the place you report tellers to who give you a really hard time?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread