My first CHR experience!

onecvj

Jan 24, 2007
I went to a few banks a couple weeks back and didn't find any halves. A teller had taken my number and called today to say a customer had brought in $410 in rolls. I was skeptical, thinking I was surely getting somebody's returns, but I picked them up anyway. They were about half hand rolled and half machine rolled. Anyway, the first roll had a 1968 in it, so I was pretty excited! At least they hadn't been searched. I ended up finding 3 40%, all 1968. They all came out of the machine rolls. Three keepers doesn't sound like a lot, but I was happy and it definitely got the juices flowing enough to make me want to try it again. I would post a pic, but my fiance has my camera with her and she's out of town. We're going on a trip this weekend so I plan to hit a few banks in my small hometown and see what I can find. I can't wait!

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great start onecvj!!! I would have thought the same way you did about getting someones returns. Good thing you picked them up. Congrats!!!

So today you have three more silver coins than you had yesterday!! WTG. Good luck on your hometown search and let us know how you did.

OP
OP
onecvj

onecvj

Jan 24, 2007
Later on I had some fun spending a couple of my clads. A young girl at the drivethru turned it over a couple times and then asked "what the heck is this?"

odinthedog

Feb 7, 2007
HAHA. I spent a few at the deli the other day. The gal looked at them a few times..."They make coins worth fifty cents too? I'm gonna take these home!"

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
Another one hooked on coin hunting! Good Luck and don't forget to ask whats in the vault.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congrats, 3 silver halves must be that lucky charming number "3"! Continued good luck and clean them all out! ;D

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
odinthedog said:
HAHA. I spent a few at the deli the other day. The gal looked at them a few times..."They make coins worth fifty cents too? I'm gonna take these home!"

Let's hope they take all our clad rejects home.

Increases our chances of finding keepers. ;D

morris0863

Feb 11, 2007
Saginaw, MI
Thats how it starts, 3 halves and your hooked. Soon your on the sidewalk with a cup bumbing change from stangers and going through your kids piggy banks or the change machine at the car wash.

Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions