New to CRH

KevinBoise

Dec 18, 2013
Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So i get my Paycheck a few days before Christmas, and was going to test my luck in Coin Roll Hunting. The idea of going through large amounts of change to find a few coins that may have silver in them or certain mint(way over my head still) interested me a lot. I was just curious as a Newbie to this.. What is the best place to start? Pennies, Nickles, Dimes, Quarters, Half dollars, or Dollar coins? With that being said. I live in Boise Idaho. I was curious as to which banks i should go to to get coins. Because i'm guessing most people who do this live in larger cities where they have massive banks with larger vaults. I am looking to start with around $500.00 worth.

EDIT:I also am a supervisor at a local place where we go through a large amount of Quarters. I cashier a large amount of the time as well as count the safe and what not. Do the quarter roll's that come from the bank, sent to businesses perhaps contain some of these silver coins?

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
So i get my Paycheck a few days before Christmas, and was going to test my luck in Coin Roll Hunting. The idea of going through large amounts of change to find a few coins that may have silver in them or certain mint(way over my head still) interested me a lot. I was just curious as a Newbie to this.. What is the best place to start? Pennies, Nickles, Dimes, Quarters, Half dollars, or Dollar coins? With that being said. I live in Boise Idaho. I was curious as to which banks i should go to to get coins. Because i'm guessing most people who do this live in larger cities where they have massive banks with larger vaults. I am looking to start with around $500.00 worth. EDIT:I also am a supervisor at a local place where we go through a large amount of Quarters. I cashier a large amount of the time as well as count the safe and what not. Do the quarter roll's that come from the bank, sent to businesses perhaps contain some of these silver coins?
homie Idaho is basically unexplored territory for coin rolling you should have luck. It makes sense to do nickels as they produce the most AG per dollar amount. (.05 ounces for $.05 as oppose to a dime which is 0.07 ounces for $.10) nickels = more silver

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... I also am a supervisor at a local place where we go through a large amount of Quarters. I cashier a large amount of the time as well as count the safe and what not ...

Absolutely. Search any and all coins that you have ready access to. Hunting without having to order and dump is ideal.

There are still silver quarters in circulation. Not as many as there are dimes, but there are some.

OP
OP
K

KevinBoise

Dec 18, 2013
Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
homie Idaho is basically unexplored territory for coin rolling you should have luck. It makes sense to do nickels as they produce the most AG per dollar amount. (.05 ounces for $.05 as oppose to a dime which is 0.07 ounces for $.10) nickels = more silver

That is wonderful news! I'll start with Half dollars and post my findings on the site. Plus there are plenty of older people here who i am sure have hand rolled a few half dollars themselves for the banks around town. And is it possible to do multiple cycles a day? ex. get a box. look through it dump it and then again?(with different banks most likely lol)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually know several CRHers in boise and surrounding areas- they do a little better than I do- but man I think most people do on here ;-)
Of those I know 1 is a big hunter 25k in halves a week and the others are in the 5k rang
Not gonna say you wont find any AG- I hope you do- but dont think youre the only one who has discovered crh in boise

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is wonderful news! I'll start with Half dollars and post my findings on the site. Plus there are plenty of older people here who i am sure have hand rolled a few half dollars themselves for the banks around town. And is it possible to do multiple cycles a day? ex. get a box. look through it dump it and then again?(with different banks most likely lol)
If you do that, pick up from multiple and dump in multiple. Someone doing the parking lot search got my favorite branch shut down, and if I found out who they were...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread