So Close........

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I thought today was finally the day that I was going to get my dream box. It didn't happen, but I was sooooo close. I picked up my usual four boxes from one of my regular pickup branches and a different teller helped me instead of the normal one. She said that she actually had 5 boxes and asked if I wanted them all. Of course I said yes. I think the fifth box was one that have had on hand for a while based on its condition (bottom was completely torn open) and the code and the ratio of keepers (40%/90%). It seemed like the same awesome batch of coins that I was getting towards the end of the summer.

Anyway, I got to my car and looked in the torn bottom and quickly spotted 5 enders. After work, I did a more thorough check and saw that it had 9 enders in total. I always start with the enders since I lack the self-control to save them for the end. Most of the ender rolls had multiple silvers as well as many of the non-ender rolls. The best roll had 7 silvers. Many others had 5 or 6 silvers. I could count on two hands the number of rolls that had no silver. Other notable finds in the box were two clad commemoratives (mount rushmore and liberty bell). I also found my first ever 1970 S in this box. (I've found 6 1970 D's, but this was my first S).

I was extremely close to hitting dream status, but it simply wasn't meant to be. I am by no means complaining because this was the best box that I have ever found and the 90% far outweighed the 40%. In total, I found 87 silvers in this box. 55x90%(7 bens, the rest kens) and 32x40%. I didn't have a ton of spare time and I was eager to open it, so I only took one picture of the pile at the end. Note: I searched a total of 9 boxes today and this picture also includes the 13 silvers I found out of the other 8 boxes. I'm still on cloud 9.

best ever.jpg

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow 87 keepers is what I would call a loaded box and would be a dream box for me. And mostly 90%ers makes it so much sweeter too. Congrats! :thumbsup:

H$H!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya you won't be coming back anytime soon haha, I know I wouldn't, now imagine getting the other boxes on that pallet, damn!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow fish on!, you've had incredible luck with this specific code and ratio of 90:40%, I hope you can get the rest of the batch even though the boxes are older.. Thanks for sharing! So close man.... but I would be on cloud 9 if a box had more than 25 silvers :P

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy $#!@ wow 55 90% s what an AWESOME box congrats

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. This batch of boxes was circulating around the end of the summer in my area. I have oddly run into two of these boxes relatively recently at banks that had them on hand. I'm not sure if I'll ever truly get a dream box, but I intend on keeping the search going.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes! Awesome fish on! I found one of those '86 comm the other day as well, pretty sweet looking stack.
HH!
BRChiver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread