Red Snapper

Jul 9, 2013
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Fisher pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had something similar happen to me on Monday. When I asked the teller for halfs, he said: funny you should ask a little old lady dropped of a buch this morning! Trying to remain calm I replied: give me everything you have! This is what I got.

image-4211124769.jpg

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had something similar happen to me on Monday. When I asked the teller for halfs, he said: funny you should ask a little old lady dropped of a buch this morning! Trying to remain calm I replied: give me everything you have! This is what I got.

View attachment 915093

Way to go! I would obviously have preferred the teller saying she had some little old lady rolls! Still looking for those.

Anyway, the lone dirty 40% half in a teller tray beats the hell out of six skunks boxes in a row I've had recently.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that's a nice score RS. I remember getting a solid cwr of '68Ds one time that had 1968D in small letters written on the roll. Wish I could find more like that.

And its always nice too getting a silver half from the one coin the teller gives u.....esp after searching and dumping a bunch of skunk boxes. Just one of the ironies of this often unpredictable hobby.

H$H!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. The three banks I've been checking lately have NONE. I ordered a box yesterday. Anyway, Did another $500 in dimes and got one error and two silvers.

Red Snapper

Jul 9, 2013
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Fisher pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! That seems to be my average w/ dimes but I just started back up with CRH. My last 2 boxes were all brand new dimes! Has anyone come across this yet?

Jav

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! That seems to be my average w/ dimes but I just started back up with CRH. My last 2 boxes were all brand new dimes! Has anyone come across this yet?

Brand new boxes do happen. You can ask the teller to peek through the box holes and try and find you a box that isn't all shiny. Some tellers are cool with doing this and others look at you like you just ordered a ham and cheese sandwich in a bank, lol.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, do you have any 'little old lady' coin rolls today?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions