Found Bugs Bunny Half and question about coins as bullion

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Fellow Forum Friendlies, I stumbled across a Bugs Bunny Variant of a Franklin Half today in my teller's tray.
My question about silver coins is simple. Let's take 90% halves for example. As of about 5 minutes ago a 64 Kennedy, a 59 Franklin and a typical Walker are all worth roughly $6.93. Numismatically speaking, right now these coins just might be worth more than their melt value. If Silver would go back up, the story would reverse. Enjoy the Bugs Bunny. Jim

Attachments

• 1956_half_dollar_obv.jpg
    1956_half_dollar_obv.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So bizarre, though - who in their right mind - especially a numismatist that knows about the Bugs Bunny Franklin half and wanted to make a joke of it - would then release that coin into circulation? Unless maybe they did it back before '64… Bugs was around back in the 50's when this coin was minted....

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Never seen a bugs bunny Franklin like that one. I didn't know there was a colorful '56 variety. That's a nice keeper for sure! :tongue3:

And from what Ive seen on ebay lately silver coins r usually selling for nice premiums over spot price....even silver nickels from most of the auctions Ive seen.

H$H!

OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I find a need to apologize to The Forum.
Humor is sometimes in the eyes of the typist instead of the reader. The post is a joke. I purposely used a 1956 Franklin when I PhotoShopped the coin. Please try to see the humor as it was intended. Maybe next time, I will save my weak attempt at humor for another forum. Thanks, Jim

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
I was born in 1955 and always wanted a '55 Bugs Bunny half (also a 1955 DDO cent).

So I laughed at your picture.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Humor, Ar Ar!

That's OK – as somebody who has photoshopped (well, not using that program actually, but apparently that is now a verb in English) some images in a CRH theme, I forgive you. I think the problem was that it was just SO well-done, and many of us have seen odd designs attached to coins.....

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I liked the pic as Im sure others did as well. I hope my response and attempt at humor wasn't taken seriously either. And I look forward to seeing more cleaver and humorous posts and coolpix from u here in the CRHing forum in the future.

H$H!

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jim, I was actually wondering where you were not that long ago, it's nice to see you posting again, I like your humor.
HH
Buff

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coolpix9,
Happy Holidays! Love Bugs . . . and understand the humor. A big smile on this ol' southern gal's face. Miss our old days. Pickin's are slim, but I am still in the hunt.

apush

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I find a need to apologize to The Forum.
Humor is sometimes in the eyes of the typist instead of the reader. The post is a joke. I purposely used a 1956 Franklin when I PhotoShopped the coin. Please try to see the humor as it was intended. Maybe next time, I will save my weak attempt at humor for another forum. Thanks, Jim

We like humor at this forum, well, most of us, so no need to save it for another forum, you've been here longer than most that post on here now. HH, Maverick.

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about the Yosimite cent, or the Daffy dime? Or, my favorite, the Porky penny?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions