Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in year 2011 the big economists were forecasting silver to hit $100/ounce. What happened? We can't even reach $25. Some experts back then were even speculating gold to reach $5000 and silver $1000 per ounce, I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!! Your thoughts and/or comments.
homie they just trying to sell you overpriced coins/bars supply and demand will determine prices

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dozer - Can you link up some of these articles written a few years back? I just don;t remember anyone saying that. Not saying they they weren't written, just never heard it?????

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I think pm prices are going much higher but trying to time it with any certainty is difficult. I don't worry about trying to time it I just understand that it is virtually inevitable. The catalyst will probably be rising interest rates. The Fed is trying its best to keep interest rates artificially low but this cant last forever. Eventually we will have rising interest rates and a significant decrease in the value of the dollar. The extent to which pm prices increase will depend on how much the value of the dollar decreases.

The financial panic that the government supposedly tried to prevent in '08 will eventually happen. But prolonging the inevitable only ensures when it does happen it will be much worse......and the higher pm prices will likely rise.

H$H!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering who you consider to be "experts"...

Go onto U-Tube and search various titles as "gold & silver futures, trends, outlook, etc". No, I don't know if they are "experts" in their field, the same as I don't know if your an expert in CRH. Just having to listen to their opinions based on historical background.

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in year 2011 the big economists were forecasting silver to hit $100/ounce. What happened? We can't even reach $25. Some experts back then were even speculating gold to reach $5000 and silver $1000 per ounce, I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!

Your thoughts and/or comments.

We did reach $25 :) and now we are at 19.50 (ish) :(

I don't put much stock in any experts that end articles with links to their personal sales of coins, bars, rounds, bullion, etc. This is essentially contradictory to what they write..."Silvers heading to the moon! Buy my stock while its still cheap!" why wouldn't they just hang on to it until silver skyrockets if they have any true knowledge of what the future holds...

$100 an ounce per silver seems very unlikely within the next 2 decades but $50 an ounce seems like it could be a reality...after all, you have to go through $50 to hit $100/oz!

I am by no means an expert though, I just keep dumping what I can afford at these low prices into physical and will wait to see what happens.

I had a buddy who recommended I get into silver back towards the end of 2007 when spot was around $13 per oz. I was like "$13 an oz seems expensive...let me wait this one out until it drops a bit so I can make some money on it"....I will let you guess how that ended up. lol:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread