EEs year end special 2013

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
EE's year end special 2013

I will be working on the audit of all my finds, recounting everything etc and making a final 2013 post sometime before the new year. With the tons of sales etc I have done recently, my books are a tad messed up and I need to do some looking over to get things right. With the stress of buying and then losing the house because the loan went south, I didnt take as much care as I should have, even lost $1200 in CRH funds.

On a side note, December is going pretty good in the CRH world and I even snatched some gold from the local thrift store, 2.2g 10k pin for $1.50

Big auction coming up on Sunday with a mess of Sterling and a ton of gold. Glad I have $6,000 to play with since I no longer need the down payment for the house in my account. Looking forward to buying and reselling all I can and maybe keeping a few goodies for myself.

fi1.cgi.jpg fi6.cgi.jpg fi11.cgi.jpg fi12.cgi.jpg

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that all looks impressive....u really seem to be into the auction buying. Sorry to hear about your problems earlier this year but I hope your end of the year numbers come out looking good. And good luck with this wknds auction too.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry about the house EE, I know that is a let down, good luck at the auction! HH , Maverick.

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like there should be a dragon guarding that. Holy crp.

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
If I win any of it I need to find out a place to put it, my safe is full lol.

Picked up a half bag of halves, $551.50 worth and looked them over, counted them up and came up with $641 worth of clad halves, 2 clad quarters and $1 worth of 40% halves. Not a bad score. That puts me up $170 in bank errors this month.

I am going to go get their bag of dimes and quarters next week.

Both of my Tuesday pick ups were skunks. They still have not got the new pallet in, both boxes were Loomis.

I will be picking up my Friday boxes tomorrow since I have the day off and that means I can stay the extra hour at work on Friday and make a little extra cash there.

Now I need to figure out how I am going to dump $4650 in halves and another $130 in dimes and nickels by Sunday for the auction.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that's quite a bank error score from just one bag. Ive never bought any bags myself other than some Brinks $500 half bags years ago. But Ive never bought any of those coin counter bags. Not sure if I would if I could.....they seem so risky. I'd be afraid if I got one there would be a coin count error in the banks favor and I'd just wind up loosing money.

Good luck with your end of the week boxes, dumping and your auction this wknd. I may have a half box to p/u tomorrow too unless the it didn't come in because of the holiday then I'll have to wait till next week. But I got a little Christmas silver last night with some good nickel rolls (3 silver out of 2 consecutive rolls) so I'm happy with that for now. And I have more nickels to search today so I'm hoping for a little more Christmas silver today....some silver domes instead of silver bells...lol.

Merry Christmas and H$H!

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Bags are hit and miss for me. I have had bags $20 light and had some $5 heavy though this is the biggest bag heavy I have had to date. I turned in a bag about a year ago that came back $181 light because of a counting error on the machine and I had to eat the loss. Out of the last $1650 in bagged coin from this bank I have nabbed 5-40% halves so at least its somewhat consistent.

Hoping one bank gets its coin counter fixed or I will be forced to make a trip to do some dumping.

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, 2103 ended with a small bang. Picked up a few items that I will do quite well one, my best purchase in my opinion was some dutch ashtrays made in 1877. Paid $60 ea for them, they should sell for $200 ea.

My halves were no where near as good as 2012.

2012 Stats
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
302 Boxes - - - - - - - - - - 477/40% - 151/90% - 129.0104 oz - 183 Skunks
Average: - - - - - - - - - - 1.58/40% - 0.50/90% : 0.4272 oz : Skunk Avg 60.60%
Skunk Streak: 11

2013 TOTALS
334 BOXES - - - - - - - - - - 216/40% - 36/90% - 44.9676 oz - 239 Skunks
Average:- - - - - - - - - - 0.65/40% - 0.11/90% : 0.1346 oz : Skunk Avg 72%
Skunk Streak: 25

Worst Month : 1.8407
Best Month : 18.3420

I start 2014 with my goals for January and February completed, even after a 2 month hiatus from auctions.

I have a large auction to hit to start off the new year. With plenty of auctions tomorrow going on in a somewhat small area, I am hoping to walk away with some goodies. If not there are plenty of auctions later this month and plenty more in the coming year. With a failing economy should bring more opportunity for me to score big.

Well, I have plenty of homework to do before the auction tomorrow, happy new year.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy New Year to you too EE, good luck at the auctions! HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread