Silver Snippen Tellers

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post Your Silver Snippen Teller Stories here,

Today, I went to the bank and asked for halfs and cwr dimes. She tells me I have 1 roll of halfs and $75.00 in cwr dimes.

(HER) I know about the halfs what do you want with the dimes???

( A while back I got a 64 ken from the teller next to her and she proceeded to tell her about silver in front of me.)

(ME) Oh I am looking for silver dimes I am trying to fill a book I need a 1982 without the P and alot of the silver dimes. Good luck with that she says with a smile and hands them to me.

She gave me 2 rosies and one 2003 half.
Thank You!!!

Upvote 0

DrCaufield

Jul 25, 2013
I just finished dumping at my bank and asked if they have any old money. The teller says no and as I'm looking in her drawer I ask if I can buy the silver certificates in there. She tells me she is saving those to buy herself.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"(ME) Oh I am looking for silver dimes I am trying to fill a book I need a 1982 without the P and alot of the silver dimes. Good luck with that she says with a smile and hands them to me."

So you just just told the teller that some dimes were silver!

OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"(ME) Oh I am looking for silver dimes I am trying to fill a book I need a 1982 without the P and alot of the silver dimes. Good luck with that she says with a smile and hands them to me."

So you just just told the teller that some dimes were silver!

She knows what I do and I know what she does.

I would like to see her stash as she has talked to me about some things she has found.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't want to lie to the silver snipin' tellers. Some of my best tellers (for selling me sealed boxes) have been/are silver snipers. I am not readily giving up that I am searching for silver but if the teller straight up asks me if I am doing so, honesty is the best road to go down. Then I pull a little saying, "I spend more money in gas than what the silver I find is worth, but I enjoy what I am doing as a hobby".

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
"I sold a customer 3 solid rolls of silver quarters - I saved them for you but I haven't seen you in a while, so..."

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I sold a customer 3 solid rolls of silver quarters - I saved them for you but I haven't seen you in a while, so..."

Ohhhhhhhhhh thats SUX
:(

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and dumped a box yesterday and the sniper teller tells me how aggravated she is at one of the other tellers. The sniper was off and one of the others was working her drawer and sold the SIX solid rolls of AG she was picking to a customer. I laughed and told her that I couldn't believe it when I opened them. Told her I still had them in the truck and could bring them in to let her see them one more time before I put them in the safe! Man you should've seen the disgust on her face!! (I really didn't buy them but it was a perfect time to mess with a sniper!).
HH!
BRChiver

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Same thing happened to me a few weeks back, but it was 2 rolls and she said " Well, I really needed the money and I knew you wouldn't be in till the end of the week", she sold them for a hundred bucks each.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions