Future of U.S. penny ??????

PennyRoll

Mar 29, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm pretty sure it was in legislation a few times, but I never heard anything else on it, so if it was, it failed.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope it stays because I love picking them up off the ground, but I'm sure someone will decide that it needs to go sooner or later.

Plus, all the wheats and IHCs and proofs and other goodies will be all but gone without it. :(

- DS

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
They need to go... I'll go from selling my pennies from 1.4c each up to 2.2c each.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope it stays because I love picking them up off the ground, but I'm sure someone will decide that it needs to go sooner or later.

Plus, all the wheats and IHCs and proofs and other goodies will be all but gone without it. :(

- DS

Could very well be like half dollars though. Maybe you could still order them and they make them NIFC?

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

- DS

I heard they were looking into a steel core similar to the 1943 cent but with a copper coating to make them last longer. No Idea if that's true or not make your money off cents and complete your collections now...just to be safe.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
That steel story is true. Not sure how developed that plan is haha, but it was out there at some point.

Once they stop making the coins, they will still be in circulation, and we will still be able to order them, ex: Canada.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Ever since Canada dropped their penny off the monetary system, seems like there is NO MORE TALK of the U.S. doing the same. Does anyone know where we stand on penny circulation, does it stay or go? Your comments or solid answers from those who know.
I says it once and I'll say it again, the US should only make dimes, quarters and dolla coins. No cents or one dolla bills. Why lose money making money, it makes no cents

xnytxowlx

Sep 15, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
It costs over 2.5 cents to produce a cent... costs over 11 cents to produce a nickel. Government is insane to continue to produce them for circulation.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
It costs over 2.5 cents to produce a cent... costs over 11 cents to produce a nickel. Government is insane to continue to produce them for circulation.
there is no doubting my mind the g-unit is cray cray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread