Quick Questions

KevinBoise

Dec 18, 2013
Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So i have a couple Questions.

Firstly i did my first 10 roll's of Half's. Got skunked.. But to get to it. How do I bring my half coins to the bank that i want to drop at? Do i have to try and put them back into the wraps?

Secondly, I'm not trying to make it rich through searching Coin roll's lol. I really just like searching and hopefully soon finding some coins. So what coins tend to give out the most keeper coins

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
So i have a couple Questions.

Firstly i did my first 10 roll's of Half's. Got skunked.. But to get to it. How do I bring my half coins to the bank that i want to drop at? Do i have to try and put them back into the wraps?

Secondly, I'm not trying to make it rich through searching Coin roll's lol. I really just like searching and hopefully soon finding some coins. So what coins tend to give out the most keeper coins

You can bring the coins to a bank rolled or loose if you bank has a counter. As a rule of etiquette, do not return the rolls to the bank you picked up from.

Second, the most keeper coins is how you define "keeper". Cents will offer the largest opportunity to find keepers as there are the most recognized varieties. If you are only after silver, then halves are best opportunity.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just ask ahead of time as to how they want coins to come in, as rolled or loose, thereby saving your time. Of the five banks that I get dimes from, only one will sell me bags. Therefore I do NOT dump my dimes at that bank, only to get them back again when I buy a bag!!!!!

OP
OP
K

KevinBoise

Dec 18, 2013
Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well thanks for the heads up. I am going to figure out my route of picking up and dumping. Thanks for the input fellas

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I found recently that the local baristas absolutely LOVE getting halves, both for payment and tips. Then I gave it some thought...if I'm dumping halves on local businesses, where are those halves going to end up at?

I've since stopped doing this and dump at one or two locations, in amounts that guarantee that they'll get shipped off eventually. My theory (and it's just a theory, mind you) is that if the local banks won't order halves, the only ones that will arrive will be from customers. Were those searched? Maybe. Probably. But at least I'll know that whatever shows up there hasn't been checked by me, and what does get checked by me will be removed from local circulation when I dump it. Spending it locally will likely only result in false positives.

OP
OP
K

KevinBoise

Dec 18, 2013
Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats an interesting point Dave. I was also thinking about spending them rather than going through the hassle of re rolling them. But that makes a lot of sense so you just saved me some trouble thanks! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread