Banks with Coin counters.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Check around. The only bank in the county that I've found with coin counters is Navy Federal. Fortunately there are two branches within 20 minutes of me. Unfortunately they choke on $500 or so worth of halves. Ask me how I know that. :laughing7:

sam_I_am

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Navy fed! If you live in the Chesapeake/Va beach area there are usually 3-5 branches within 20 minutes drive.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What banks usually have the Coin counters? I am planning my Pick up and Dumps for when i CRH.

:coffee2: I'm guessing from your name you're from Idaho. You will have to check with the banks in your area along with any credit unions if there are any. In my area, TD Bank, Capital One Bank & some credit unions have coin counters but I don't think any of them are out there for you to use.

HH
Gary

OP
OP
K

KevinBoise

Dec 18, 2013
Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a bank that has one, but they charge a fee of $3 and some odd cents for any amount of coins. For now since i am only doing a very small amount compared to most of you who actually lose time to search from re-rolling the coins. I think i'll just re-roll. I have gotten pretty quick at it i think

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Usually banks/credit unions with coin counters charge a fee for non-account holders but are free for account holders.

I have three main dump banks/credit unions, to use their coins counters for free I have a saving account at each of them with the minimum balance for a no fee account ($100).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions