May 14, 2013
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All-

Hope you holidays are going well.

Went to a bank by my house today to try my luck at finding some silver in a box of halves. Well as you can tell from the title no luck.

So my question to you all is, what is the best way to get rid of the coins I don't want to keep, so I can get another box?

The bank said they would take them back, but I would not get credit for them for another 7 to 14 days because they had to send them back to the main bank to have them counted up. I really don't want to wait that long, so are there other "creative" ways to get the cash back for the halves I don't want to keep?

Thanks for your help,
Ben

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Reroll if you need to, but take them to a different bank! This cannot be stressed enough!!!

Oh, and get used skunks...

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to crh- skunks are abundant(im currently at 32 boxes which isnt my longest streak) and yep you definitely need to find a good dumping source(either banks with machines or will take couns in deposit bags) other wise this hobby aint worth it

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
As others have said, DON'T BRING THEM BACK TO THE SAME BANK, you will need a dedicated dump bank for sure if you are going to do this, communication with your dump bank is key, don't just start showing up to a bank with thousands in halves to turn in, talk to the bank first, see how they want it turned in IE= rolled,coin machine or bagged for deposit and how much is ok to bring them, start SLOW and after a little while build up to a little more, starting heavy and fast will get you shut down real fast. Try not to use another branch of your pick up bank to dump at ( some do that here, but I don't recommend it), you may just get the same coins back again. i'm sure some more members will chime in with more good points, good luck to you! HH, Maverick.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I throw my rolls at tellas and make em get on their knees and count my coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread