Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
My last great bank - always let me buy bags off counter, and machine does not reject silver - just replaced their machine to the newer style that is in the rest of their branches.

I thought I was going in to dump and score this week, and I was disappointed. No more finds like http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/319981-gold-penny-bag-gold-ring.html

That pretty much closes down the last of two really good machines I know for buying bags in a 30 mile radius. End of an era.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last great bank - always let me buy bags off counter, and machine does now reject silver - just replaced their machine to the newer style that is in the the of their branches.

I thought I was going in to dump and score this week, and I was disappointed. No more finds like http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/319981-gold-penny-bag-gold-ring.html

That pretty much closes down the last of two really good machines I know for buying bags in a 30 mile radius. End of an era.

:coffee2: Do you know for sure that the machine will reject all silver. A lot of the machines may reject silver but they might not reject all silver. If you are still able to buy bags, I would go for it. Around here I've not found any banks that will sell bags.

HH
Gary

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear it buying bags off the machine have lead to my last two better than avg. scores.. One being over 4oz. including a 2011 s 90%er, 2 walkers, and an 86 commem.. The other 2+ 0z plus an extra $3.50ish in clad that fell in the wrong slot..

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machines here dont have bags. They have 2 boxes and the guy comes and swaps them out. The tellers dont touch the machine at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread