Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow I did a trash job and found $960 in silver! And got paid $300 for the job! some barbers war nics a little of everything there were 29 silver dollars.There were a lot of buffs and v nicks and a nice pile of old pennies. Plus $175 in clad. :occasion14:
Sweeeet! Trash job? TZ please explain - you found coins hidden in a wall? An old safe?

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Awesome score dude! P-l-e-a-s-e tell us less fortunate fellow TH'ers what it was in or where it was or sump'n. :) lb

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the big trash score! :thumbsup: Id sure like to find a job like that....that's my kind of trash :coins: :treasurechest:

Happy New Year! :occasion18:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Tim, Happy New Year! Very cool job there, wish I could find Silver on my jobs ha ha. HH, Maverick.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome
Yeah
Can we get more detail on this?

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From time to time I get trash jobs people pay me to remove trash and some times theres gold silver or cool stuff. This was a good one! This guy just moved and had a big pile of trash he paid me $300 to get rid of it! Nice tip!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
And u found $960 in silver including 29 silver dollars? who's idea of trash is that? :icon_scratch:

That's amazing!

I'll usually even bend over to pick up a cent off the ground if it looks copper while other people r throwing away hundreds of dollars in silver and paying hundreds of dollars to get rid of it. These sure r strange times we live in.

Congrats on the incredible score! And I thought buying silver @ face was good...I sure wish I could find a job like yours.

Last edited:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone PAYING you to take their silver. That's amazing. Congrats!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
One mans trash is another mans treasure! HH, Maverick.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike Rowe and Tim Zim team up on "Trash Jobs". Watch as Mike and Tim clean out old houses and find lost treasures. Sunday at 7pm ET only on TNET.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I always wonder if the guys who do those 1-800-got-junk ever find cool treasures amongst all the rubbish they process.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, would love to hear from TZ where all that Ag was hiding in a bunch of trash.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if its the same thing you do...But my Brother worked for a company that would pay him to remove trash from Foreclosed homes..he has given me mulitple coins he found going thru it, not to mention the countless amounts of Tv's Dvd players...Some places he said it looks like the people left for work one day and never came back

Great finds man!!!!!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
That is a nice find. Any interesting dates or common stuff?

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread