Unexpected score....???

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, yesterday i went into a bank to trade in my $100 in skunk dime rolls. A teller (not the one waiting on me) recognized me as "the guy who likes halfs", and proceeded to say "hey, we have some halfs....$90 worth....and some are really old". I said Great, ill take em. 5 rolls were unmarked...and the other 4 were marked 1971,1971,1972&1973. Dammit!! Old, but not silver....but i decided to open all the rolls anyway. I peeked at 1 of the unmarked rolls, and saw a silver ender. Checked other end....silver!! Whoa!! Could b a solid roll...???? YEP!! 17-40%, 3-90%...all kens!! First solid roll in a long time..

Upvote 0

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!! Always buy them all!
HH!
BRChiver

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Great way to finish the year! My best score ever was from $91 in customer halves (8 cwr's and $11 loose) I got a couple of yrs ago. I scored 3 solid rolls of Walkers and Ben's! I think Ive only found one other solid cwr of 40% halves since then.

Hope your success continues in the New Year!

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice score. Congrats on building that relationship which ended up getting you a solid roll!! I enjoy walking into banks and having the staff tell me if I want to take silver or odd coins. :)

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice score. Congrats on building that relationship which ended up getting you a solid roll!! I enjoy walking into banks and having the staff tell me if I want to take silver or odd coins. :)

That's something I should be thinking more about too. I had one really great teller at one bank who saved a couple of nice collection dumps for me a couple of years ago but she transferred to another town some time ago. So I need to try and make more of an effort to develop some more good relationships with other tellers to help me a little with my hunting and try and make 2014 a really good CRHing year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread