Silver still takin a plunge

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
I believe this is just a correction as in all metals and stocks and I believe we will see $20.00 an oz before the year is up. At $20.00 I will sell $1000.00 face of 40% and hold the rest for future gains ;D also I have been reading where anylist are saying pre 1982 pennies are going to be a good investment.
Regardless if we are coin roll hunting then our investment is only gas/time/face value, to me that is a win win situation.
Best Regards, Ray

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
silverfinder37 said:
also I have been reading where anylist are saying pre 1982 pennies are going to be a good investment.

I've heard that as well. They say in the years to come, copper prices will go thru the roof.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silverfinder37 said:
I believe this is just a correction as in all metals and stocks and I believe we will see $20.00 an oz before the year is up. At $20.00 I will sell $1000.00 face of 40% and hold the rest for future gains ;D also I have been reading where anylist are saying pre 1982 pennies are going to be a good investment.
Regardless if we are coin roll hunting then our investment is only gas/time/face value, to me that is a win win situation.
Best Regards, Ray

I agree with you Ray. I am not so sure about the $20 per oz but I do think this is just a correction in the market. Not panicking here.

Why did the analyst say pre-82 pennies would be a good investment? Did the analyst/story elaborate on that?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Pre 82 cents are copper. Depending on the days price, each one is worth 2-3 times its face value already.

Silver hits its high every year (almost) between March and May. This year may be different, but it'll be in a good way.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Im far from knowledgeable in PM markets, but Ive picked up on the
funny games that are played.

Barring a world economic catastrophy - I see 20+ before the May/June
selloff. Rebuying here will be STRONG, and I wouldnt doubt the run
up from that point to the year end could hit upper 20's (28 range maybe).

Just my opinion. A much more comfortable way to view it would be long term.
Think 10 years. Im talkin 50 - 100 range. Believe !!

I accept tips in 90% halves !!! For future reference :)

Disclaimer : My opinions are just opinions - based on my brain thinking of things. I am
not biased though, because all my silver is bought at coin face value LOL

Anyone else with any thoughts ??

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Based on my brain thinking of things"

ROFLMAO

Love it Raptor! I hope your figures are even close!

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope that what they say about pre 1982 pennies is true. I have been saving them for some time now and have about $70 face value.

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
wayne1956 said:
I sure hope that what they say about pre 1982 pennies is true. I have been saving them for some time now and have about $70 face value.
Me too Wayne, I have about 150.00 in common wheats and about 1000.00 in pre1982's
I save/collect for the long hual.
best Regards, Ray

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Like I've said before, don't worry about the bop. Silver's going to the moon. Just give it some time. Corrections are good. They shake out all the weak money and speculatory investors. Never forget Gresham's Law: "When there is a legal tender currency, bad money drives good money out of circulation".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread