Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Id sure say that was a really good deal. Idk that pawn shops were such a good place to buy coins so cheap. So did u keep the 3 best quarters?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 good deals actually. :icon_thumright:

At any of my local pawn shops, I would expect to pay (if I bought, which I wouldn't) at least $300 for what you bought, and I doubt I could get it that cheaply. Also, the absolute best buying price here was 8X face back when silver was in the low $30's. I haven't checked since, but I'd guess 5X-6X tops.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! I would have ditched those silver Washingtons also in order to end up with what you were left with.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop spreading misinformation, pawn shops do nothing but rip people off.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other

At any of my local pawn shops, I would expect to pay (if I bought, which I wouldn't) at least $300 for what you bought, and I doubt I could get it that cheaply. Also, the absolute best buying price here was 8X face back when silver was in the low $30's. I haven't checked since, but I'd guess 5X-6X tops.

yeah I was thinking that was a pretty good selling price to a coin shop too since $98 is just about $3 under current spot price for the 28 quarters I believe. But then idk what the quarters were and if they had any additional numis value. But I see buyers all the time lately on CL where I live who r willing to pay full current spot price for junk silver which would be about 14.5 x fv now. I know businesses want to make a profit but if coin shops or anyone else is only willing to pay 5-6 x fv or even just 8 x fv I would say that's borderline robbery. But then even that's much better then people just getting fv @ the bank. So I suppose being a CRHer and getting my silver @ fv from banks Im not really in a position to be too judgmental. :dontknow:

H$H!

Last edited:

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My local pawn/coin shop actually has reasonable prices. I recently bought a nice lustrous AU 1883 no cents nickel for $13. The coin expert is incredibly knowledgeable, nice, and reasonable, and all his prices are quite fair, as well as everything else in the shop. Many of my best coins came from him. I have no selling experience with them, though.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've bought and sold from shops right next to each other for a profit... Once with the same coin 2 times in a row.... ( Bought the coin from a bank, sold it to a coin shop. He got it graded so I bought the coin back then sold it to another coin shop for more a few blocks away..) True story, no BS...

Keep @ it and HH !! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I wish I knew of pawn shops nearby... lol I only ever know of one, on my banking runs, but it never looks like its open lol... So i never stop.

Thats a good deal for sure

HH

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate pawn shops.
I do get deal s now and then.
But lately it's been terrible
The last pawn shop I went to was selling franklin s for 15 dollars and mercury s for 8.
When he told me that I just stared at him and was like wtf?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread