OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up four boxes of halves this weekend, three of which were skunks. One box gave up six 40%ers:

1966 x 3
1968D x 3

Also noticed that two of my dump banks got upgraded coin counters in their lobbies. In these machines, the tube leading to the reject tray is at a steeper angle and access to it is blocked by a piece of sheet metal. I took notice of this as bags were being changed. I have a feeling that I won't be finding as much free silver as I used to.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well at least u had one good box that gave u a decent 1.5 keeper per box average. Too bad u might not be getting any more free silver from your coin counters. I know some of u guys seems to do pretty well finding silver that way. I'll sure be surprised if I ever find any silver at one of my coin counters lol.

H$H!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well at least u had one good box that gave u a decent 1.5 keeper per box average. Too bad u might not be getting any more free silver from your coin counters. I know some of u guys seems to do pretty well finding silver that way. I'll sure be surprised if I ever find any silver at one of my coin counters lol. H$H![/QUOTE
The only silver I ever found at a coin counter was a small .925 cheerleading charm that was in the hopper. You might think I could find that metal detecting but nope, coin counter.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up four boxes of halves this weekend, three of which were skunks. One box gave up six 40%ers:

1966 x 3
1968D x 3

Also noticed that two of my dump banks got upgraded coin counters in their lobbies. In these machines, the tube leading to the reject tray is at a steeper angle and access to it is blocked by a piece of sheet metal. I took notice of this as bags were being changed. I have a feeling that I won't be finding as much free silver as I used to.

Nice box MM! Man, that really sucks about the new machines, I'm going to miss the reject tray finds, I'm sure you will miss them more though... HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up three boxes of halves today, snagged five keepers between them:

1966 x 2
1968D x 2

8-)

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Some more good boxes. U seem to be getting a steady amount of silver from your boxes lately. My boxes from my main p/u bank seem to have dried up lately so I ordered a box from another bank today and the head teller said I could pick it up this Friday afternoon - just 2 days from ordering to p/u - cant beat that. Hopefully between the three pick up banks Im using now I can start finding at least a little silver again sometime soon.

H$H!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just 2 days from ordering to p/u - cant beat that.
H$H!

Actually... I have 2 different order banks that get weekly shipments of coins, they either place their order on Wednesday and get it on Thursday or place it for Tuesday and get it on Wednesday :) That is awesome because my coins came in the day after I ordered once, I totally wasn't expecting that, but I was expecting the skunk I received though :P

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more good boxes. U seem to be getting a steady amount of silver from your boxes lately. My boxes from my main p/u bank seem to have dried up lately so I ordered a box from another bank today and the head teller said I could pick it up this Friday afternoon - just 2 days from ordering to p/u - cant beat that. Hopefully between the three pick up banks Im using now I can start finding at least a little silver again sometime soon.

H$H!

I have my banks/branches timed. Took me a year to figure it all out, but...

One bank orders on Friday, boxes are delivered on Tuesday. The same bank then re-orders on Tuesday, boxes are delivered on Friday.

Another branch of the above bank only orders on Monday, boxes are delivered on Wednesday.

Another bank orders on Tuesday, boxes are delivered on Thursday.

Another branch of the above bank orders on Wednesday, boxes are delivered on Friday, but I don't pick them up until Saturday.

Monday I don't usually have any boxes of halves to pick up unless I have boxes leftover from the week before, so that's when I pick up dimes.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up three boxes of halves today on my lunch break. No enders, but all three boxes gave up silver. 8-)

The first box gave up twelve keepers, one 90%er and eleven 40%ers:

1966 x 2
1967 x 7
1968D x 2

The second box gave up three 90%ers and one 40%er:

1964 x 3

The third box gave up just one 40%er:

1969D

8-)

I don't mean to gloat, but... I AM KILLIN' IT!

all.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
More great boxes, and 3 of the 4 keepers in that second box were 90% too, thats sure a great ratio! :thumbsup:

Hope u can keep the silver flowing!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome, I've been caught in a massive skunk streak, maybe the tides will change!

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure my luck will run out soon. But, I hope not. Haha. I've got one more box to pick up this week.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure my luck will run out soon. But, I hope not. Haha. I've got one more box to pick up this week.

Awesome boxes. My boxes have been really hit or miss this year. I think the last two days I have been getting a little bit of this silver stream, but none of my boxes have been loaded like yours. Keep up the good finds.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have my banks/branches timed. Took me a year to figure it all out, but...

One bank orders on Friday, boxes are delivered on Tuesday. The same bank then re-orders on Tuesday, boxes are delivered on Friday.

Another branch of the above bank only orders on Monday, boxes are delivered on Wednesday.

Another bank orders on Tuesday, boxes are delivered on Thursday.

Another branch of the above bank orders on Wednesday, boxes are delivered on Friday, but I don't pick them up until Saturday.

Monday I don't usually have any boxes of halves to pick up unless I have boxes leftover from the week before, so that's when I pick up dimes.

Hey MM, lol, that sounds about like my system too ha ha, Monday is break day then it all starts over again on Tues.

Tuesday dump 14-18, pickup 10 boxes 3 bags
Wednesday dump 8 pickup 6
Thursday dump 4 pickup 6 boxes 1 bag
Friday dump 4-6 pickup 4 boxes

It is a lot of work.... HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up three boxes of halves today on my lunch break. No enders, but all three boxes gave up silver. 8-)

The first box gave up twelve keepers, one 90%er and eleven 40%ers:

1966 x 2
1967 x 7
1968D x 2

The second box gave up three 90%ers and one 40%er:

1964 x 3

The third box gave up just one 40%er:

1969D

8-)

I don't mean to gloat, but... I AM KILLIN' IT!

View attachment 976303

Lol, gloat away my friend, nice job! No skunks is always nice! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up four boxes of halves yesterday, three of which were skunks. The other gave up four 40%ers and a British penny:

1965 x 3
1968D

1966 Elizabeth II Penny

That was my first penny found in the wild.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up four boxes of halves yesterday, three of which were skunks. The other gave up four 40%ers and a British penny:

1965 x 3
1968D

1966 Elizabeth II Penny

That was my first penny found in the wild.

Nice! I have only found one large penny myself ever too. HH, Maverick.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
One good box makes up for the three skunks. And I found my first large penny in Feb this year and it was a '66 British Penny too.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves today, they gave up one 40%er: 1968D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread