May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

cleeent

Greenie
May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like anything else, when something is removed from circulation the hoarding begins. With that said the metal value will always be there and the high grade coins will fetch the real money. So, if you can put together a collection of high grade coins and can wait for the prices to rise your all set. So in 50 years who knows. I did just see a beautiful 1909S VDB (MS62+) sell for almost $2,000 last night on ebay. So between .03-$2,000 is my guess.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Since the canadian penny being discontinued in 2012, what do you guys think the value will be worth for one in 50 years?

If you go back to 50yrs to the 1963 Canadian penny you have a coin that is worth face value unless it is mint condition.
But that is with people being about to buy rolls of coin from the bank and search for older pennies. Unknown what the future will hold.
I still find Canadian 1 cent coins in my American penny boxes and CWR at an average rate of 1 Canadian per roll.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would advise anyone to get a set of them and than stash it away There are 3 Key coins in the set from the 20's the rest I obtained from circulation when I lived in Northern NY also look into a nickel set

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions