$1000 bag of halves

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 weeks sounds lightning fast compared to the bags at my pickup bank. I'm thinking quarterly or semi-annually to fill a $500 bag, based on what I've observed so far. I picked one up in early December, and then came back and asked how full it was last Saturday - they didn't give me an exact number but it sounded like it barely had anything in it. There's a post-it note with my contact info pinned to the bag inside the machine, so hopefully I'll get a call when it finally fills.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Dozer, you did better than me, just finished my bag, this was it, and it was short 6 bucks:BangHead:, I assume from this garbage being counted as halves. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN1206.JPG
    DSCN1206.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 115

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
5 weeks sounds lightning fast compared to the bags at my pickup bank. I'm thinking quarterly or semi-annually to fill a $500 bag, based on what I've observed so far. I picked one up in early December, and then came back and asked how full it was last Saturday - they didn't give me an exact number but it sounded like it barely had anything in it. There's a post-it note with my contact info pinned to the bag inside the machine, so hopefully I'll get a call when it finally fills.

Ditto. 5 weeks for a bag of halves is nothing. On average, with no CRHing dumping, my guess would be at least 6+ Months to fill a bag

halfnhalf

Feb 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just did a bag of 1000 halves this afternoon also,1 1968 and 4.50 short...plus i had to pay 10 bucks for it...ouch did a free box of 500 and got 16 40 percenters and 1 90percent today also and one box skunked...just about broke even.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I just did a bag of 1000 halves this afternoon also,1 1968 and 4.50 short...plus i had to pay 10 bucks for it...ouch did a free box of 500 and got 16 40 percenters and 1 90percent today also and one box skunked...just about broke even.

It's a hobby, if you make money, that's just a bonus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread