Score 1x, Score 2x, Score 3x, Score 4x and Score some more!

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

As I have said before, I love reading these forums and frequent the Precious Metals section as well which sees a little less activity nowadays. However, I rarely post my own finds due to the fact that they rarely amount to anything phenominal and worth snapping and uploading pics of. This week between 1/2 - 1/7 has been so far out of the norm for me I had to make the time so here it is!

The focus here was on half dollars although I did search $750 in MWR dimes and found a lone 1963 rosie. Half dollars searched were 3 boxes stamped with mid December 2013 dated verification stamps and one with the older type marking of four #s (XXXX). All four boxes produced! I also had the opportunity to search a half bag and even got the scoop from the person who dumped what I found in there as well!

So, to the best of my recollection, here is the order by which I found plenty of AG this fresh new year.

1. Box 1 of Halves = 1x64 Kennedy, 12x40%
Box 2 of Halves = 3x40%

2. Pre dump of the above listed coinage (and some dimes) I check a reject tray and score a bent out of shape 1968 kennedy...whoo!

3. Get info that a coin bag might be loaded with AG from a member (I work at a local CU) and find 42x40% Kennedys! All 67,68, 69. Story on those will be further down the post. (The picture only shows 41, I had missed one and picked it up after the fact)

4. Box 3 of Halves = 1 Ben (52), 1 Ken (64), 2 Walkers (36,45) and 10x40%, 4 proofs (79x2, 2004, 1989 (no silver))
Box 4 of Halves = 1 Walker, 1 Ken (64), and 3x40%

5. Working today with eyes on the horizon for tomorrows 2k pickup in halves (cant wait btw). More info that a coin bag may be loaded and manage to pick up 5 more 40% at face!

So, these tips I am talking about on #3 and #5 are essentially non intentional tips I received from a member who was conducting deposits. This individual was depositing some really old bills with red and blue seals from the 20s-60s. None were in good condition and they all smelled horribly of a urine/fecal odor. The person apologized for the smell before I could actually smell them which made it hit me even harder when that point in time came. Anyway, I asked where they had received the bills and apparently they and a friend had been hired by a very very very elderly woman to clean up her house and were told they could keep whatever they found. I was assured they had asked prior to taking all this old money from the property. Any who, this person also had deposited coin to our machine and upon completing routine maintenance I saw the top of the bag littered with little silver goodies! Unfortunately we are not permitted to buy coin bags for ourselves or sell them to members but the boss said if I could come up with some half dollars on my own he would supervise as I did a swap out of what I was interested in (he knows I collect) - yield ended up being the 42x40% listed in score #3 above. I was stoked! This was over the weekend.

So today at work, the same individual comes in with another deposit and more coin! I didnt catch them prior to the coin being ran but it was many more denominations this time compared to just halves the time before. I would have liked to spend a few minutes at the end of the day examining the bag to try and get all the silvers but unfortunately it had to be sealed up before shipment out to the armored car company early tomorrow morning. I was able to exchange for 5x40% before we sealed it up. If there are more they will go back into local circulation for myself or another lucky hunter to enjoy in the future. :icon_thumleft:

The pictures are in no particular order and one shows the complete haul of 90% and all 76x40% that I managed to get from this amazing first week of the new year. I hope everyone here experiences their own fortune in the coming hunts!

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo (3).JPG View attachment More.zip

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang congrats thats sweet

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you're sure off to a great start this year and seem to be finding silver just about everywhere. Im gonna have to try a little harder to see if I can find someplace to sell me a coin machine bag somewhere.

Hope you're silver streak continues with tomorrows boxes.

H$H!

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you're sure off to a great start this year and seem to be finding silver just about everywhere. Im gonna have to try a little harder to see if I can find someplace to sell me a coin machine bag somewhere. Hope you're silver streak continues with tomorrows boxes. H$H!

+1 on finding bags for sale. That seems to be going around right now.

OP, great finds!!!

HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a solid day, congratulations! We all know scores like that are a needle in a haystack nowadays.
HH
Buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions